The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Russian fish & seafood sector is led by the "fresh fish & seafood(counter)" category in value terms. The category is also expected to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2017-2022. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of fish & seafood in the country. Rigid metal is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by rigid plastics. ATARDO Joint-Stock Company, Viciunai Group, and Santa Bremor are the leading market players in the Russian fish & seafood sector.
Our Country Profile report on the fish & seafood sector in Russia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for oils, and solid fats with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in value terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs, hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers, vending machine, department stores, and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: Tray, can, stand up pouch, wrapper, blister pack, carton-folding, tub, and bag/sachet.
- The ’fresh fish & seafood (counter)’ category is expected to gain maximum market share in value terms during 2017-2022
- Per capita consumption of ’Fresh fish & seafood (counter)’ is higher when compared to other fish & seafood products in Russia
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Russian fish & seafood sector
- Private label penetration is higher in the ’dried fish & seafood’ category
- Rigid metal is the most commonly used pack material in the Russian fish & seafood sector
- Older consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of fish & seafood in Russia.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.