The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The oil and fats sector in Russia is led by the oils category in both value and volume terms. The solid fats category is expected to register the fastest growth in both value and volume terms, during 2017-2022. Hypermarkets & supermarkets accounted for the leading share in the distribution of oil and fats products in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used package material, followed by glass. Yug Rusi, Bunge Foods, and Grand-Star Ltd are the leading market players in Russian oil and fats sector.
Our Country Profile report on the oils and fats sector in Russia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for oils, and solid fats with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in value terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs, hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: can, stand up pouch, foil, wrapper, blister pack, carton-folding, tub.
- The per capita consumption of oils and fats was higher in Russia compared to the global level in 2017.
- The solid fats category is expected to gain value share during 2017-2022.
- Per capita consumption of oils is higher in Russia when compared to solid fats.
- Zolotaya Semechka is the leading brand in both value and volume terms in the Russian oils and fats sector.
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Russian oils and fats sector.
- Older consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of oils and fats in Russia.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.