“Contextual advertising market to grow at a CAGR of 18.80% between 2018 and 2023”
The contextual advertising market is expected to be worth USD 125.79 billion in 2018 and is likely to reach USD 297.68 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 18.80% between 2018 and 2023. The growth of this market can be attributed to factors such as increasing number of social media users, personalized marketing strategies, and growing trend of mobile advertisement. However, factors such as privacy concerns due to behavioral tracking and low conversion ratio due to user annoyance are restraining the growth of the contextual advertising market.
“Activity-based advertising ? a major type of contextual advertising”
Activity-based advertising is expected to account the largest share of the overall contextual advertising market in 2018. Activity-based advertising is a type of contextual advertising that is done based on users’ browsing history and cookies. This type of advertising typically comprises graphics, logos, pictures, and texts, among others. These advertisements appear on webpages, e-mails, and instant messaging (IM) applications. In static form, these advertisements are commonly known as ad banners.
“Mobile devices to account for largest market size in 2018”
Mobile devices are expected to account for the largest share of the contextual advertising market in 2018. Mobile advertising platforms help promote products and services. These help attract customers to particular products and services. As mobile internet has evolved, advertising methods on mobile devices have also witnessed a major change. Earlier, mobile advertising meant just informing customers about a product through SMS.
“Contextual advertising market in APAC to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
Among all regions, the contextual advertising market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of this market can be attributed to the presence of countries such as China, Japan, and India in the region. These countries have a large number of internet users, which, in turn, creates huge opportunities for advertisers. This is encouraging marketers in APAC to invest in contextual advertising to promote their bands and create brand value.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments obtained through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with officials from key companies. The breakup of the profile of primaries has been given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 25%, Tier 2 – 35%, and Tier 3 – 40%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives – 35%, Directors – 25%, and Others – 40%
- By Region: North America – 43%, Europe – 29%, APAC – 14%, and RoW – 14%
Companies that provide a range of customized solutions are expected to emerge as game changers in this market.
Key players in the contextual advertising market profiled in this report are:
1. Google (US)
2. Media.net (Dubai)
3. Facebook (US)
4. Microsoft (US)
5. Amazon.com (US)
6. AOL (Austria)
7. Yahoo (US)
8. Twitter (US)
9. IAC (US)
10. Amobee (US)
In this report, segments such as type, deployment, industry and geography have been covered. The report also discusses drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges pertaining to the market. The report also gives a detailed view of the market across four main regions: North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW. The value chain analysis of the contextual advertising ecosystem has also been included in the report.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
- This report includes statistics pertaining to the contextual advertising market, by type, deployment, industry, and geography, along with market size of each subsegment.
- Major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges pertaining to the market have been provided in detail in this report.
- This report would help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their positions in the market.
- The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem and recent development strategies, such as product launches and developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions, adopted by key players in the market.