It details the current issues retailers face and how technology has changed the retail model from supply, to demand led and created a far more costly and complex retail sector. A new retail model is emerging - platform retail - where online and offline merge and use customer data and technology to understand how we now consume and what products and services we require.
It highlights how mature Western retailers are adapting and changing their businesses and new entrants are expanding beyond their core, online businesses, and partnering with physical retailers to adapt to changing consumer demand and lifestyles.
It summarises the issues, the trends and the opportunities there are for retailers to adapt their businesses to cope with these issues.
This report outlines the common issues facing retailers globally and how they are reacting as they face a retail landscape that is changing constantly and rapidly and becoming completely unrecognisable from the traditional model that evolved over centuries.
- Retailers in mature Western markets facing overcapacity and diluted consumer spending are seeking strategic partnerships in growth markets such as China and India to utilise the skills of incumbent online operators.
- Platform retail is taking over from the traditional retail model as both online and offline retailers utilise technology and data to understand consumer shopping behaviour in both the physical and virtual environment.
- Retail is being cut out of the consumption process as technology provides the means for consumers to buy direct - making customer loyalty even more essential.
- Shopping malls are changing with consumer trends and retail is being integrated into social model that incorporates lifestyle and connectivity.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the main issues that retailers face globally and how retailers are adapting their businesses to deal with these concerns.
- Learn from the trends detailed in this report how leading retailers are developing their businesses to engage more effectively with changing consumer behaviour.
- Discover the opportunities technology provides for retailers to exploit new trends and build a sustainable business in the face of rising costs and operational complexity.