As consumer retail spend continues to shift online and shoppers shop less in physical stores, the mobile channel is becoming increasingly important. The online market is set to be the fastest growing area of retail within the next five years and spend via smartphone is rising rapidly as consumers continue to turn to their convenient handheld devices to complete everyday tasks.
Despite cost pressures and restricted funds available to invest across numerous areas that require development, the mobile channel is one of the most important areas that retailers must invest in in order to achieve future growth.
Retailers are responding to the growth in mobile spend in various ways. Many have introduced functional apps and mobile optimised websites to ensure the mobile shopping experience is user friendly and seamless in order to drive conversion despite the screen size being much smaller than most desktops or laptops. Online pureplays such as Amazon and ASOS have implemented useful functions within their apps such as the ability to pay via Google Pay on ASOS’ android app and push notifications to inform customers of updates to their orders on Amazon’s app.
- This report focuses on the growing importance of the mobile channel in retail.
- It discusses how retailers are responding to the growth in mobile spend in various ways.
- It identifies the retail leaders and laggards in relation to the mobile proposition.
Reasons To Buy
- The report identifies retailers who lead in responding to the eight key mobile themes identified and the laggards within each category.
- It highlights the main trends in the retail industry over the next 12 to 24 months.
- It gives an industry analysis, discussing the need for retailers to shift their focus to make mobile a priority.
- It provides an overview of the retail industry value chain.
- It identifies eight key areas within mobile in the retail sector.
- The report provides a technology briefing and the history of mobile.