Our "Information Technology Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Survey June 2018 - November 2018", examine executives’ opinion on the business outlook and procurement activities over June 2018-November 2018. Organizations can know about key business priorities, supplier price variations, changes in capital expenditure, and organizations’ digital transformation strategies. Additionally, it provides information categorized by region and company type.
Amid the several challenges, such as rising competition, market uncertainty, and responding to pricing pressure, IT companies are looking forward to expanding in the current market, developing new products, and improving operational efficiency over the next six months. Moreover, companies are expected to gain significant growth opportunities from emerging markets (such as India, China, and Brazil) and developed markets (such as the US, Germany, and the UK) during June-November 2018. Mergers and acquisitions are expected to increase within the IT industry over the next six months.
The majority of the IT industry executives surveyed expect that their companies are most likely to invest in emerging technology such as internet of things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI) over the next two years.
What else does this report offer?
- Key business priorities: examines the IT companies’ important priorities for June 2018-November 2018
- Emerging and developed markets: provides information about key emerging and developed markets which will offer the most growth over the next six months
- Change in M&A activity: analyzes IT industry executives’ opinions on changes in merger and acquisition activity globally
- Business concerns: identifies major business concerns that are likely to impact manufacturers and suppliers
- Change in capital expenditure: tracks the expected change in capital expenditure both globally and regionally
- Change in procurement activities: evaluates how procurement activities will change in the IT industry over the next six months
- Procurement budget outlook: projects procurement budget allocation along with changes in procurement expenditure over June 2018-November 2018
- Supplier prices outlook: determines the expected change in supplier prices over June 2018-November 2018
- Organizations’ digital transformation strategies: identifies executives’ perspectives towards the scope, barriers, and essentials of the digital transformation within the IT industry
- Prevalence of emerging technology: determines the expected technology to gain investment among IT companies over the next two years.
- Expansion in the current market, new product development, and improving operational efficiency are the top three priorities for the IT companies over the next six months
- Globally, China and India are the emerging markets that have the most potential for significant growth opportunities for the IT industry, while, the US is highest growth-offering developed market during June-November 2018
- IT companies are expected to increase their capital expenditure towards the new product development, and research & development over the next six months
- Executives expect an increment in the procurement activities for the IT services and technology/license purchases during June-November 2018
- Overall, 68% of executives indicate that customer engagement has the highest scope for digital transformation within the IT industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Highlights key business priorities thus helping IT companies to realign business strategy
- Develop or adjust business expansion plans by using significant growth-offering emerging and developed markets
- Helps enterprises by providing the insights into the changes in procurement budget allocations through procurement budget projections anticipated by executives for June 2018-November 2018
- Implement effective price management by viewing supplier price variations highlighted for the next six months
- Identify the scope, challenges, and essentials for the digital transformation within the IT industry.