The global fixed-wing VTOL aircraft market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period 2018-2028 due to the rising demand across various end-users including commercial, military, and law enforcement. Fixed-wing VTOL aircraft have the capabilities of both fixed-wing aircraft and rotorcraft. These aircraft are able to takeoff and land vertically and then transit into a horizontal flight which eliminates the need for long runway infrastructure without compromising the speed and endurance. This high scale growth of the fixed-wing VTOL aircraft industry is subsequently influencing its market. Therefore, new advanced VTOL technologies are developed such as electric VTOL (eVTOL). The growing demand for the fixed-wing VTOL aircraft in defense applications, faster travel and runway-less platforms, and rising demand for UAVs in the agricultural sector are some of the key drivers for the growth of the global fixed-wing VOTL aircraft market.
Moreover, emergence of More Electric Aircraft (MEA), increasing demand for VTOL aircraft in commercial applications, on-demand urban air transportation, growing importance of VTOL aircraft in cargo transportation, and increasing usage in humanitarian relief operations are some of the opportunities for the growth of the global fixed-wing VTOL aircraft market. There are mainly two types of fixed-wing VTOL aircraft: fixed-wing VTOL manned aircraft and fixed-wing hybrid VTOL UAVs. In addition to this, the market for the fixed-wing hybrid VTOL UAV is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2028 due to the extensive demand for VTOL UAV in commercial applications. Furthermore, the fixed-wing VTOL aircraft have been deployed by various end-users into multiple industries including commercial, military, and law enforcement. Until 2017, the fixed-wing VTOL manned aircraft was used only for military applications. However, now it is expected to have application in law enforcement as well as in the commercial industry. The military end-users acquired the most significant market share of the global fixed-wing hybrid VTOL UAVs in 2017; however, commercial end-users are expected to have the high growth rate during the forecast period, 2018-2028.
According to BIS Research analysis, the global fixed-wing VTOL aircraft market generated $2,009.6 million in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 21.7% during 2018-2028. North America dominated the global fixed-wing VTOL aircraft market in 2017 with the U.S. acquiring the most significant market share, globally. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2028.
Following points provide a detailed description of the report content and the topics covered in the report:
- This report identifies the global fixed-wing VTOL aircraft market under different segments such as type, end-user, and region.
- It examines the prime supply-side factors, which affect the growth of the market, and the current and future trends, market drivers, restraints, and challenges prevalent in the global fixed-wing VTOL aircraft market.
- The report also highlights the value chain of the industry with the primary focus on the technological roadmap.
- Detailed competitive analysis has been included in this report which focuses on the ?key market developments and strategies followed by the top players in the market. Additionally, the competitive benchmarking map has been included in the existing study which analyzes the competitive strength of the players in the global fixed-wing VTOL aircraft market.
- The market for different types of the fixed-wing VTOL aircraft, such as fixed-wing VTOL manned aircraft and fixed-wing hybrid VTOL UAVs, has been estimated and analyzed.
- Different end-users of the fixed-wing VTOL aircraft, such as commercial, military, and law enforcement, have been estimated and analyzed in the report.
- The global fixed-wing VTOL aircraft market has been analyzed in the report for the major regions including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World.
- The global eVTOL aircraft market analysis has been provided in the report.
- A detailed Porter’s Five Forces analysis has been included in the report. Furthermore, the report also focuses on providing information on the key participants and future opportunities in the global fixed-wing VTOL aircraft market.
- The study provides detailed analysis of the 15 key players in the global fixed-wing VTOL aircraft market including AeroVironment, Airbus, Arcturus UAV, Aurora Flight Sciences, BAE Systems, Boeing, Leonardo, Lockheed Martin, Israel Aerospace Industries, Textron Inc., ALTI UAS, Autel Robotics, Lilium, XTI Aircraft, and Kitty Hawk in the Company Profiles section. This section covers business financials, company snapshots, key products and services, major developments, future programs (if any), and the individual SWOT analysis.