The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Esports market to grow at 18.61% CAGR during forecast period
According to the new market research report, the esports market is expected to reach USD 2,174.8 million by 2023 from USD 926.3 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 18.61% between 2018 and 2023. The growth of this market is attributed to the increasing popularity of video games and growing awareness about esports. However, the threat from esports gambling/betting is restraining the growth of the market.
Revenue contribution from media rights to grow at highest CAGR during 2018–2023
This report covers the following revenue streams: media rights (subscription and online advertisement), tickets and merchandise, sponsorship and direct advertisement, and publisher fees. Currently, media rights are significantly contributing to the global esports industry. In recent years, the sale of broadcasting and media rights has been the largest source of revenue for most of the esports organizers. The revenue generated from the trade of media rights is used to finance major sporting events, renovate stadiums, and contribute to the development of esports at the grassroots level.
Esports market in APAC to grow at highest CAGR between 2018 and 2023
This report covers the esports market segmented on the basis of following regions: North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW. The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2018 and 2023. In 2017, Rest of APAC accounted for a substantial share of the esports market in APAC. The growth of this industry can be attributed to the increasing number of esports competitions in the region. Further, the increasing investment from sponsors and advertisers is fueling the demand for esports in the region.
Breakdown of profiles of primary participants
- By Company Type: Tier 1-55%, Tier 2-25%, and Tier 3-20%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives-50%, Directors-20%, and Others-30%
- By Region: North America?40%, APAC-15%, Europe-35%, and RoW-10%
The major companies profiled in the report are Modern Times Group (Sweden), Activision Blizzard (US), FACEIT (UK), Nintendo (Japan), Gfinity (UK), Turner Broadcasting System (US), CJ Corporation (South Korea), Valve Corporation (US), Tencent (China), and Electronic Arts (EA) (US). This report also covers the following prominent players: Hi-Rez Studios (US), KaBuM (Canada), Wargaming Public (Cyprus), Rovio Entertainment (Finland), GungHo Online Entertainment (Japan), and Alisports (China). The roles of online streaming companies such as YouTube (US), Twitch (US), Facebook (US), and Beyond the Summit (BTS) (US) have also been included in this report.
Esports mainly generates revenue through streams such as media rights (subscription and online advertisement), tickets and merchandise, sponsorships and direct advertisements, and publisher fees. The market has been segmented, on the basis of region, into North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW.
Reasons To Buy the report
- The market statistics pertaining to revenue streams of esports and region have been provided in the report.
- The value chain analysis has been provided with an in-depth insight into the esports market.
- Major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities pertaining to the esports market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the esports market based on revenue streams and geography have been carried out to provide an overall view of the esports market.
- A detailed competitive landscape has been provided for the top 5 companies, including their revenues.