The global market for Third Party Logistics (3PL) is projected to reach US$1.2 trillion by 2022, driven by the growing complexity of supply chain management and the rising need to augment logistics efficiency to maintain profitability in a tough business environment. Other factors driving growth in the market include explosion of e-commerce; liberalization of economies and globalization of trade; rise of the on-demand society and a parallel need for faster delivery services; skills shortage and financial burden of maintaining in-house logistics management departments, and growing awareness over the benefits of 3PL such as optimal cargo turnover, distribution efficiency, superior inventory management and holistic cost economies. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 7.3% over the analysis period, led by the steady expansion of manufacturing bases in developing, low-cost Asian countries such as China, India, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea, Malaysia, and Thailand; rising standard of living, growing disposable income, increased consumption of manufactured goods and a parallel increase in retail and wholesale distribution activities; and continuous improvement in the expertise of 3PL service providers in terms of quality of service provided and contract fulfillment.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Summary of Findings
- With Logistics Being the Largest Cost Component of an Online Business, Adoption of Third Party Logistics Services Gains Prominence in the e-Commerce Sector
- An Increasingly Connected World, Digitalization Boom and Rising CAPEX of Logistics IT Drive Interest in 3PL Services
- Availability of Industry-Specific, Tailor-Made 3PL Services from Established 3PL Vendors Contributes to Market Growth
- Expanding Breadth of 3PL Service Capabilities such as Custom Brokerage, Warehousing Operations, Product Labeling/Packaging, Cross-Docking, Reverse Logistics etc. to Benefit Service Adoption Rates
- Recovery in Global Trade and the Resulting Increase in Imports and Exports of Cross-Border Shipment Agreements with International Suppliers, to Benefit Growth
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe, Asia-Pacific (Australia, China, India, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- International Transportation Management, Domestic Transportation Management, Warehousing & Distribution, and Others
- C. H. Robinson
- CEVA Logistics
- DB Schenker
- DSV A/S
- Expeditors International of Washington, Inc.
- FedEx Corporation
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.