Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- UTC Acquires Rockwell Collins in a Bid to Separate its Commercial Businesses, Otis and Carrier, into Independent Entities
- SITA Acquires MEXIA Interactive in a Move to Enhance its Existing Airport Operations and Passenger Flow Management Solutions
- Smiths Detection Receives US$70 Million Order from TSA for Deployment of Computerized Tomography Imaging Systems to Airports in the U.S.
- TSA Extends Contract with Leidos for Logistics Support Services to Screen Equipment at Airports around the U.S.
- American Airlines Collaborates with Analogic to Deploy ConneCT™ in a Move to Deploy Next-Generation Screening for Airport Checkpoints
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Explosives Detection will remain the largest market, followed by X-ray & Infrared Equipment.
- Explosives Detection Systems are projected to witness the fastest growth driven by spurt in the number of suicide bombing incidents and gun attacks in airports worldwide.
Product Definition & Scope
- Airport Security encompasses all methods and techniques employed for protecting the airport facility, passengers and staff from malicious and accidental threats, crime and harm. Every day, a huge number of people enter and exit airports across the world, which poses a potential threat of crimes including terrorism. Airports are easy targets for terrorists as more people are present in a single location. Large airliners which carry higher number of people are at a higher risk. There is also this potential risk of plane hijacking. Hijacked planes can be used as lethal weapons by terrorists. The main purpose of airport security is to prevent all situations that are potentially dangerous. While protecting the airport as well as the country remains the top priority, another important purpose of airport security includes reassuring passengers of their safety.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Australia, China, India, Indonesia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Segments:
- Explosives Detection, X-ray & Infrared Equipment, Metal Detectors, Perimeter & Access Control, Biometrics Equipment, Alarms & Sensors, Video Surveillance, Intercom & Video Door Phones, and Others
- Axis Communications AB
- Brijot Imaging Systems
- Nuctech Company Limited
- OSI Systems, Inc.
- Siemens AG
- Smiths Detection Watford Ltd.
- Vanderlande Industries B.V.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.