The global Web-to-Print (W2P) market is forecast to reach US$1.3 billion by 2022, driven by the importance of e-commerce business enablement for survival in the printing industry which is ravaged by the impact of the Internet and digital technologies. Few of the benefits of having a virtual storefront include lower print administration costs; enables wider market reach than possible with offline printers and results in improved revenue generation; allows for easy inventory management; enables faster printing process, ease of transaction and improved customer satisfaction; offers streamlined shipping management; provides the benefits of a self-service platform including automated quote, online order checking, online preview, online payment and online file storage; convenient, agile and flexible as it allows customers to order from their smartphones; enables easy customization and reduced production re-runs; and provision of previews of edited print projects. Factors driving growth in the market include semi positive outlook for the world printing industry and the need to fight disruptive technological changes; growing demand for Print-On-Demand (POD) services; robust emergence of cloud-to-print as the most preferred hosted service model for W2P; trend towards personalized print adverts and the ensuing focus on variable data printing; higher investments in W2P among packaging printing companies supported by the robust business outlook for the packaging industry; strong growth in outdoor advertising and the resulting prominence of W2P for large format printing. The United States represents the largest market worldwide, closely followed by Europe. Asia-Pacific is forecast to emerge as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 11.5% over the analysis period, led by factors such as a robust advertising industry against a backdrop of stable consumption of goods and services; increasing investments in direct mail advertising as a result of the shifting preference for targeted advertising; strong demand for packaging printing against the backdrop of the healthy growth in retail trade in developing Asian economies such as Taiwan, India, South Korea and China; rising levels of education and ensuing increase in consumption of printed media such as educational, professional, business books, newspapers, and magazines.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Volaris Group Snaps Up Aleyant Systems in a Move to Expand its Position in Communications & Media Verticals
- Cimpress to Acquire BuildASign in a Bid to Accelerate Growth in the Home Décor Market & Reinforce its Market Position with Business Signage
- With the Aim to Accelerate Web-to-Print Adoption in the Country, Aleyant Teams Up with TechNova in India
- PT Suburmitra Grafistama Purchases W2P Software from RHS Asia in a Move to Expand into Corporate Markets with the B2B Online Procurement Solution
Product Definition & Scope
- Web-to-print (W2P) refers to a commercial prepress process, which is aimed at narrowing the gap between commercial print production and digital content online. Also termed as Web2Print or remote publishing, W2P assists clients, print houses or graphic designers in the creation, editing, and approval of online templates, in the prepress stage. The process involves the use of Portable Document Format (PDF) workflow environment, while output is generated through digital printing. However, the use of digital production equipment is not essential for fulfillment, as evident by the fact that printers with digital and offset production units are using W2P method.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World
- Agfa-Gevaert Group
- Electronics for Imaging, Inc.
- HP, Inc.
- InterlinkONE, Inc.
- Quark Software, Inc.
- Xerox Corporation
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.