The global market for Zippers is projected to reach $19.8 billion by 2024, driven by healthy gains in production and sales of apparel, luggage and footwear; changing fashion trends and parallel improvements in the mechanical design of zippers. From securing trousers to mission critical space suits and safety wear, life without zippers is hard to imagine. Zippers, by far, is the most popular and preferred fastener solution for heavy duty applications such as in jeans, backpacks and luggage given their durability and reliability benefits when compared to buttons, snap fasteners, hooks and other fastener solutions. The apparel industry represents the largest end-use with a 39% share in the global market, while luggage ranks as one of the fastest growing end-use market supported by global luggage sales which is poised to spiral to US$78 billion by 2024. Ingenious innovations will mobilize a large chunk of the US$6.5 billion opportunity in key end-use markets between the years 2019-2024. Innovative zippers with unique performance features will therefore find lucrative opportunities in specialized applications. Few of the noteworthy zipper innovations include flame-resistant zippers; airtight and watertight zippers; glow in the dark zippers; polypropylene based chemical- resistant zippers; soft zippers; concealed zippers; printed zippers; and environment friendly zippers made from biodegradable plastic; and zippers with magnetic clasps that self-align & auto locks to help zip with one hand. Few of the other major noteworthy trends in the market include creative use of myriad types of zips such as coil zips, half zips, and interlocking teeth zips in innovative fashion clothing; stringent regulations for vehicle fire safety and the ensuing demand for flame retardant spiral zips for seat covers and other vehicle upholstery systems; growing consumer demand for premium leather products such as footwear, handbags and luggage and resulting increase in demand for luxury metal zippers; and continued innovation in aesthetics and designs such as metal zippers with brass and nickel finishes. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 9.7% through the analysis period. Major factors driving growth in the region include developing economies, growing affluence, and increased consumption of lifestyle products that use zippers; and emergence of Southeast Asian countries as manufacturing hubs for textiles, apparels, fashion accessories and the ensuing development of the domestic zip industry.
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Coats Inaugurates Newly Rebuilt North American Distribution Centre in Albany, Georgia in a Move to Strengthen its Presence across the Country
- Coats Unveils Expanded Production Site in Hung Yen, Vietnam in a Bid to Own One of Largest Manufacturing Units, Worldwide
- Coats Commences Coats Innovation Hub in America in a Move to Launch High Performance and Value Enhancing New Products
- SBS Zipper Passes Recertification of ISO9000 Quality Management System in a Move to Implement the New Quality Management System
- Chequers Capital to Acquire Riri, a Leading Manufacturer of Zippers and Buttons for the High-End Luxury Fashion and Accessories Industries
Product Definition & Scope
- Zippers (called as zip or zip fastener) are defined as a popular mechanical device used to temporarily join two edges of a fabric. The cost of a zipper is very less when compared to the total cost of the garment. However in the event of zipper failure entire garment might become unusable until the zipper is repaired or replaced, potentially an expensive and difficult process. A zipper is made of many components such as the slider, spiral width, top tape end, bottom tape end, top stop, puller, bottom stop, single tape width, elements, box and pin. Zippers are of various types including Coil zippers, Polyester/Nylon zippers, Metallic zippers, Invisible zippers, Plastic-molded zippers, Slide zippers, Closed-ended zippers, and Open-ended zippers, among others.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
- YKK Group
- SBS Zippers
- Hang Sang Zipper Co. Ltd.
- IDEAL Fastener Corp.
- Jinjiang Fuxing
- Zipper Co. Ltd.
- Olympic Zippers Ltd.
- Talon International, Inc.
- ZIP Industries Ltd.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.