Commercial Aircraft Leasing
The global Commercial Leased Aircraft Asset Portfolio Value is projected to reach US$502 billion by 2024, driven by the healthy outlook for the commercial aerospace industry amidst increasing air passenger traffic, recovery in travel and tourism, rise of low cost carriers (LCCs) in Asia, and increasing airline investments in fleet expansion.
Few of the benefits driving the preference for leasing over purchase include:
- reduced CAPEX and financial liquidity;
- capacity flexibility;
- ability to respond to market conditions in a timely manner through rapid fleet expansion;
- fleet consistency;
- and reduced maintenance costs.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Asia-Pacific represents the largest market worldwide, followed by Europe. The region is also forecast to witness the fastest growth with a CAGR of 9.3% over the analysis period led by factors such as the rise of Hong Kong and Singapore as future global hubs for aircraft leasing; implementation of legislative changes that provide attractive incentives for the growth of service industries including leasing; growing demand for leased narrow body aircraft by LCCs given their versatility and fuel efficiency.
Summary of Findings
- Resurgence in Trading Activity and Rise in Demand for Leased Freighter Aircraft to Drive Market Growth
- Growing Airline Interest in Fuel Efficient Aircraft Pushes Up Lease Rates for Narrow-Body Aircraft
- Developments in Airport Infrastructure in Developing Countries Bring In New Market Opportunities
- Tax Benefits and Reduced Need for Capital Outlay Spur Business Interest in Leasing as an Alternative to Purchase of Aircraft
- Flexible Aircraft Leasing Contracts in Terms of Rental Payments, Extendible Operating Lease, Attractive Maintenance Agreements and Disposal Programs for End-of-Life Aircraft to Strengthen the Reliability of Leasing
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Aircraft Type:
- Long Haul & Medium Distance Aircraft Leasing and Regional/Short Haul Aircraft
- AerCap Holdings N.V.
- Avolon Aerospace Leasing Ltd
- Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd.
- GE Capital Aviation Services
- SMBC Aviation Capital
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.