The global market for Textile Dyes is forecast to reach US$9.5 billion by 2024, driven by the growing demand for organic dyes and pigments against the backdrop of strong preference for sustainable textiles and clothing and the ensuing replacement of dyes with pigments. The increase in environmental pollution caused by the use of toxic substances such as lead, arsenic, and heavy metals in dyes, colorants and pigments has brought textile manufacturing under the yoke of stringent regulations. Biodegradable, nontoxic and natural dyes are therefore expected to witness strong demand. Organic pigment colors, in this regard, are poised to witness robust gains supported by the growing popularity of bright aesthetics and the comeback of neon and fluorescent colors in the fashion industry; rising voluntary environmental stewardship among consumers; demand for organic pigments on cotton and cellulosic fiber; continuous development in organic pigment chemistry; lower carbon footprint as compared to synthetic pigments derived from coal tars and petrochemicals; premium pricing benefits enjoyed by organic clothing and the ensuing increased investments in eco-friendly pigment printing processes. Other major factors influencing growth in the textile dyes market include the enduring importance of color in fashion as “color messages” flashed by clothing remain vitally important in expressing emotions and personality traits; innovations in textile chemistry that help prevent soiling and dye transfer; regulatory restrictions induced rise in interest in plant based dyes sourced from roots, berries, bark, leaves and wood; growing popularity of waterless dyeing technology supported by the launch of industrial dyeing machines that utilize carbon dioxide (CO2) as a replacement for water; growing commercial value of liposome-based dyeing agents and additives; growing preference for chrome-free tanning in automotive upholstery applications supported by technical, economic and environmental benefits. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 7.4% over the analysis period led by factors such as shifting of production bases to low cost Asian countries such as China, India, and Bangladesh; expanding population and a parallel increase in clothing and furnishing needs; and growing base of middle-class population in India and China with high discretionary income and resulting increase in demand for fashion apparel.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Archroma Fully Acquires M. Dohmen in a Move to Become Industry Leader in Supplying Innovative Chemistry Solutions
- Archroma Partners with Carlin in France in a Move to Promote the Use of Archroma’s Exclusive Color Inspiration Tools in the Country
- Absolute Denim Switches to Denisol® Pure Indigo 30 liq, an Aniline-Free* Indigo Dyeing Solution in Thailand
- Organic Dyes & Pigments Acquires Assets of Premier Colors in a Move to Strengthen ORCO’s Presence in Key Markets
- Organic Dyes and Pigments Achieves ISO 9001:2015 Certification in a Move to Supply Dyes, Pigments and Chemical Specialties for Various Industries
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Reactive Dyes will remain the largest market, followed by Disperse Dyes.
- Basic Dyes and Sulfur Dyes are projected to witness the fastest growth over the medium to long-term period.
- Product Definition & Scope
- Textile dyes are used to perform dyeing and printing operations on the textiles. A dye is a transparent and water-soluble coloring agent with an affinity towards the substrate on which it is applied. A dye usually requires a mordant to increase its wash fastness on the fiber.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America) and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Segmets:
- Acid Dyes, Basic Dyes, Direct Dyes, Disperse Dyes, Reactive Dyes, Sulfur Dyes, Vat Dyes and Other Dyes
- Anand International
- Atul Ltd.
- Day-Glo Color Corp.
- Huntsman International LLC
- Kiri Industries Limited
- Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Organic Dyes and Pigments LLC
- Big Sunshine International
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.