“Increase in demand for enhanced driving experience and smooth gear shifting is expected to propel the market for automotive gearbox in the coming years”
The global automotive gearbox market is estimated to be USD 103.55 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 138.52 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.24% from 2018 to 2025. The market growth is primarily driven by the increase in consumer preference for enhanced driving experience and smooth gear shifting. However, the increasing demand for battery electric vehicles is considered as a restraint for the automotive gearbox market as it will eliminate the need for automotive gearbox.
“The automatic transmission segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment, in terms of value, in the automotive gearbox market, by application”
The automotive gearbox market for automatic transmission is estimated to grow at the highest rate, in terms of value, during the forecast period. The growing demand for comfort and convenient driving has led to the adoption of automatic transmission systems in Asia Pacific and RoW region, which is driving the automatic transmission
“The Passenger car segment is estimated to be the largest segment, in terms of value, in the automotive gearbox market, by vehicle type”
By vehicle type, the passenger cars segment is estimated to hold the largest market share of the automotive gearbox market. The rise in production of passenger cars globally, high demand for premium vehicles and SUVs, and high performance expectation from personal vehicles are driving the passenger car segment. Moreover, the global demand for passenger cars is larger than that for commercial vehicles, and it is expected to grow further in the future. Additionally, factors such as the sizeable number of luxury light-duty vehicles in Europe and North America and the increasing demand for these vehicles in the Asia Pacific region are increasing the demand for automotive gearbox.
“Asia Pacific is estimated to be the largest regional market for automotive gearbox in terms of volume”
Asia Pacific is estimated to be the largest market for automotive gearbox during the forecast period. The region is home to emerging economies such as China and India as well as developed countries such as Japan. The growing purchasing power of consumers has triggered the demand for automobiles in the region. The growing number of luxury vehicles and the increasing demand for commercial and off-highway vehicles are propelling the growth of automotive gearbox market in the region.
The study contains insights provided by various industry experts, ranging from automotive gearbox manufacturers to automobile OEMs and various automotive associations.
The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier I–57%, Tier II–29% and OEMs–14%
- By Designation: C Level–43%, D Level–43% and Other –14%
- By Region: Asia Pacific–57%, Europe–14%, North America–29%
Players profiled in the report are:
• ZF Friedrichshafen (Germany)
• Aisin Seiki (Japan)
• Magna (Getrag) (Canada)
• Schaeffler (Germany)
• BorgWarner (US)
• Eaton (Ireland)
• Allison Transmission (US)
• Continental (Germany)
• Jatco (Japan)
• Magneti Marelli (Italy)
The report covers the automotive gearbox market by application (Automatic Transmission, Automated Manual Transmission, Dual Clutch Transmission, Manual), Number of Gears (3–5,6–8, above 8), Electric Vehicle Type (HEVs & PHEVs), Off-Highway vehicle (Agricultural Tractors & Construction Equipment), Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, Light Commercial Vehicle, trucks, and buses) and region (Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World).
Reasons To Buy the Report:
The report provides insights into the following points:
- Market Penetration: The report provides comprehensive information on gearboxes offered by the top players for the automotive market and their market reach.
- Product Development/Innovation: The report provides detailed insights into upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the automotive gearbox market.
- Market Development: The report offers comprehensive information about the automotive gearbox market. The report analyzes the market across regions and provides comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets.
- Market Diversification: The report provides exhaustive information about emerging trends, market dynamics, and investments in the global automotive gearbox market.