TCR Engineered T-Cell Therapy 2018: an industry analysis of technologies, pipelines, stakeholders & dealsT-Cell Receptors (TCR) and Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CAR) are the cutting edge of adoptive T-cell therapy. Both receptors deploy T-cells to target the tumor, but CAR T-cells (CAR-T) are limited to binding to cell surface antigens, while TCR T-cells (TCR-T) recognize peptides (derived from intracellular proteins) presented on the cell surface by the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I.
TCR-Ts have so far operated in the shadow of CAR-Ts, but may have the advantage in solid tumors. The first approved CD19-specific CAR-Ts are indicated for hematologic malignancies, but CAR-Ts were less successful against solid tumors.This report „TCR Engineered T-Cell Therapy 2018: an industry analysis of technologies, pipelines, stakeholders & deals“ published in May 2018 brings you up-to-date regarding key TCR-T players, key TCR-T technologies and product candidates, business models, deals and funding opportunities. The report analyzes the TCR-T pipelines and stakeholders in the field, especially focused and diversified TCR-T companies and their relationship with academia and major pharma/biotech. The report highlights the value of TCR-T assets in terms of partnering economic conditions, acquisition prices and financing rounds.
This report has been prepared by use of in-house databases and desktop search to identify and describe company, product, technology and business/financing profiles which then were evaluated and analyzed with a final outlook describing perspectives with challenges and opportunities. Sources of information are provided by scientific and non-scientific references, e.g. press releases, stock exchange disclosures, presentations, annual reports, fact sheets and patent applications (with hyperlinks leading to the source of information).
Key questions answered:
- Which targets are chosen for developmen of TCR-Ts?
- How close are neoantigen-specific TCR-Ts to the clinic?
- Which technologies are used for generation of T-Cell Receptors?
- Has clinical proof-of-concept been shown for any TCR-T?
- How does the TCR-T pipeline look like?
- What manufacturing strategies and solutions have companies chosen?
- Are next generation TCR-Ts already in development?
- What are the key technologies for a successful TCR-T?
- Who are the key players in the TCR-T field?
- How tough is competition among TCR-T developers?
- Should companies be focused on TCR-Ts only or be diversified into various adoptive T-cell therapeutics?
- Which technologies and assets attract licensees?
- How is the financing situation for TCR-T?
- What are the key success factors for TCR-Ts?
- Leading Pharmaceutical companies
- R&D staff
- Business development managers
- Industry organisations