The global tactical communications market is expected to value at around US$13.0 billion in 2018, and will grow at a CAGR of around 1.7%, to a value of about US$15.4 billion by 2028. The cumulative market for global expenditure on tactical communications will reach cross US$150 billion over the forecast period. During the forecast period, Asia Pacific is expected to garner the highest revenue share of about 35%. Asia Pacific will be followed by the North America, which is projected to account for just over 28% of the global market. Europe is expected to account for the third largest market with a total share of around 25%. The Middle East, Latin America, and Africa are projected to capture around 5.7%, 2.5%, and 2.1% of the global tactical communications market, respectively, over the forecast period
The market consists of five segments: airborne, naval, man-portable, vehicular and stationary. The market is expected to be dominated by man-portable systems, which will account for over 38% of the overall revenue, followed by vehicular and airborne with shares of around 36% and 12% respectively. Stationary and naval segments are projected to account for shares of about 8.8% and 4% during 2018-2028.
By establishing partnerships for R&D with global military communication solution providers, a significant number of countries are investing in the development of domestic tactical communication capabilities. These joint programs have led to the development of sophisticated tactical communications technologies, which have in-turn enhanced the information sharing capabilities of airborne, naval, vehicular, stationary and man-portable platforms of the armed forces.
For instance, the European Secure Software defined Radio (ESSOR) program adopted by OCCAR was to provide architecture of Software Defined Radio (SDR) for military purposes and a military High Data Waveform (HDR WF) compliant with such architecture. The participating countries in this program include France, Italy, Finland, Spain, Poland and Sweden. Similarly, the Bowman tactical radios procurement program undertaken by the UK is supplied by a cluster of companies including Airbus Defence and Space, Selex ES, ITT Exelis, Harris Corporation; L-3 Communications; Blazepoint; DRS Tactical Systems; BAE Systems, Thales Group and AgustaWestland, among others, and is led by the General Dynamics Corporation.
This report "The Global Tactical Communications Market 2018-2028" offers offers a detailed analysis of the industry, with market size forecasts covering the next ten years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for tactical communication, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Overview: snapshot of the tactical communications market during 2018-2028, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the tactical communications market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the tactical communications market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each sector
- Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the tactical communications market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region
- Trend Analysis - Key Defense Market: analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the tactical communication segments expected to be in demand in each region
- Key Program Analysis: details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period
- Competitive landscape analysis: analysis of competitive landscape of the global tactical communications industry. It provides an overview of key defense companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis
Companies mentioned in this report - General Dynamics, Elbit Systems, Rockwell Collins, Thales, Harris Corporation, DRS Technologies, Barrett Communications
- The global tactical communications market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 1.74% to cumulatively value US$151.1 billion over the forecast period.
- The market consists of five categories: airborne, naval, man-portable, vehicular and stationary.
- The market is expected to be dominated by man-portable segment, which will account for 38.5% of the overall revenue.
- The global tactical communications market will be lead by Asia Pacific region with a revenue share of 35.2%.
Reasons To Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global tactical communications market over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different tactical communications segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global tactical communications market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global tactical communications market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top tactical communications solution providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available