Airlines Global Industry Guide 2013-2022
Global Airlines industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global airlines industry. Includes industry size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of industry growth trends and leading companies.
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including both scheduled and chartered, but excludes air freight transport.
- Industry volumes are defined as the total number of revenue passengers carried/enplaned (departures) at all airports within the specified country or region, excluding transit passengers who arrive and depart on the same flight code. For the US and Canada, transborder passengers departing from either country are considered as part of the international segment.
- Industry value is defined as the total revenue obtained by airlines from transporting these passengers. This avoids the double-counting of passengers.
- All currency conversions in this profile were carried out using constant 2017 average annual exchange rates.
- The global airlines industry had total revenues of $683.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 6.1% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 3,785.9 million passengers in 2017.
- The growth of economies, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region, is leading to the increasing income of the population.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global airlines industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global airlines industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global airlines industry with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global airlines industry by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global airlines industry in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global airlines industry?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global airlines industry?