Austria’s telecom service market will increase at a CAGR of 2.1% (2.5% in US$ terms) from ?3.7 billion (US$4.4 billion) in 2018 to ?4.2 billion (US$5.0 billion) by the end of 2023, supported by revenue growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments. The mobile voice was the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2018, followed by mobile data. However, going ahead, mobile data will become the leading revenue generating segment, driven by rising average data consumptions, steady growth in M2M subscriptions and the anticipated launch of 5G services in 2020.
The report "Austria: Country Intelligence Report", provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Austria today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The demographic and macroeconomic context in Austria
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook
Companies mentioned: A1 Telekom Austria, T-Mobile Austria, Hutchison Drei, UPC Austria, Tele 2, Spusu, Hofer
- The overall telecom service revenue in Austria will grow at a CAGR of 2.1% in ? terms (2.5% in US$ terms) over 2018-2023.
- Mobile services revenue will account for 71.6% of total telecom service revenue in 2023.
- Mobile data revenue will increase at the fastest CAGR of 8.0% in terms of ? (8.4% in US$ terms) over 2018- 2023.
- The leading mobile operators T-Mobile and A1 Telekom Austria will together account for 80.0% of total mobile subscriptions in 2023.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Austria’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Austria’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Austria’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Austria.