The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Smokeless Tobacco in Germany, 2018
"Smokeless Tobacco in Germany, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the German tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2027.
Germany is the largest market for manufactured tobacco products in Western Europe. However, the market is currently overwhelmingly dominated by smoking products, with cigarettes the largest sector, followed by smoking tobacco and cigars and cigarillos. Smokeless tobacco remains on the fringe of the market.
- There is a small but long established smokeless tobacco niche in Germany largely comprising powdered nasal snuff. Imports of smokeless tobacco in Germany is higher than the local production. India is by far the most important source of imports. Excise tax is not levied on smokeless tobacco, snuff, or chewing tobacco.
- While smokeless tobacco products are exempt from excise tax, they are still subject to VAT (MwSt), which is applied at the nominal rate of 19%, equivalent to 15.97% of the final retail price.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Smokeless tobacco consumption in Germany is forecast to continue its gradual long-term decline.