The report outlines the key consumer and innovation trends currently impacting the chocolate, confectionery, and desserts sector. Trends include clean confectionery, functionality, vegan-friendly confectionery, provenance, and experiential confectionery.
The report "Top Trends in Chocolate, Confectionery and Desserts 2018", has identified five innovation trends within chocolate, confectionery, and desserts -
- Clean confectionery: Utilizing natural, organic, and sustainably sourced ingredients will satisfy demand for more natural and "green" confectionery products to appeal to health-conscious consumers.
- Functionality: Demand for greater functionality is growing as health-conscious consumers seek out enriched and fortified confectionery products that offer tangible health benefits for their personal wellbeing.
- Vegan-friendly: Adjusting the formulation of products to better meet niche dietary requirements will ensure that brands not only appeal to vegans but also to flexitarians and consumers who associate veganism with a healthy lifestyle.
- Provenance: Provenance is increasingly viewed as an effective way for consumers to identify and guarantee product quality and authenticity. This creates a simple route to premiumization.
- Experimental confectionery: Consumers seek out novel and unique confectionery products, which in turn is driving the demand for more exciting offerings. This fuels opportunities for innovation in taste, flavor, and texture.
Companies mentioned in this report: Lotte, Nestl?, Ben & Jerry, Breyers Delights, Mr. Green Tea
- Social media is seen as a platform for driving focus on "clean" confectionery.
- Short ingredient lists on packaging are an important part of the "clean label" movement in confectionery.
- Rise in better-for-you confectionery formulations is driving innovation across the confectionery space, as consumers are showing a preference towards products offering added health benefits.
- Impacted by health concerns over sugar consumption, consumers are opting to indulge in healthier products.
- Consumers are adapting their food and drink product consumption based on their dietary needs and lifestyle, turning to more personalized products.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.