The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Country Profile: Soups in Germany
The German soups sector is led by the dried soup (mixes) category in value terms in 2017. The chilled soup category is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2017-2022. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel in the distribution of soups in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the sector. Nestle, Unilever and Continental Foods are the leading market players in the sector.
Our Country Profile report on the soups sector in Germany provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ambient soup, chilled soup, dried soup (mixes), frozen soup, and UHT soup with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands in value terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; Pack data for: Bottle, Can, Stand up pouch, Tube, Tub, Aerosol, Bag/Sachet, and Jar.
- Per capita consumption of Soups in Germany is higher than the global level and lower than the regional level (Western Europe) in 2017
- Of the five categories analyzed, dried soup (mixes) is the largest category, registering a CAGR of 2.2% during 2017-2022
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel in the German soup sector, accounting for more than half of the distribution share in the sector
- Private label products in the ambient soup category registered the highest growth in the German soups sector during 2012-2017
- Carton - folding is the only primary outer type used in the German soup sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.