Country Profile: Soups in Colombia
The Colombian soups sector is led by the dried soup (mixes) category in value terms, while ambient soup is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2017-2022. Convenience stores accounted for the largest distribution share for soup products in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by rigid metal and rigid plastic. Maggi, La Sopera and Knorr are the leading soup brands in Colombia.
Our Country Profile report on the soups sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ambient soup, chilled soup, dried soup (mixes), frozen soup, and UHT soup with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands in value terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; Pack data for: Bottle, Can, Stand up pouch, Tube, Tub, Aerosol, Bag/Sachet, and Jar.
- The Colombian soups sector is expected to decline interms of both value and volume shares , in Latin America, in 2017
- The Colombian soups sector is forecast to register overall volume growth of 7% during 2017-2022
- The per capita consumption of soups was lower in Colombia compared to the global and regional level in 2017
- The Colombian soups sector is expected to grow at a steady rate by value during 2017-2022.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion.