Country Profile: Pasta & Noodles in Colombia
The Colombian pasta & noodles sector is led by the dried pasta category in both value and volume terms, while chilled noodles is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2017-2022. Convenience stores is the leading distribution channel for the distribution of pasta & noodles in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by paper & board. Doria, La, Muneca and Comarrico are some of the leading pasta & noodles brands in Colombia.
Our Country Profile report on the pasta & noodles sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ambient noodles, ambient pasta, chilled noodles, chilled pasta, dried & instant noodles, and dried pasta with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands in value terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, Rigid metal and others; Pack data for: Tray, Can, Stand up pouch, Carton-folding, Tub, Bag/Sachet, and Jar.
- The dried pasta category is expected to gain share in value terms during 2017-2022
- Per capita consumption of chilled noodles is higher in Colombia when compared to the regional and global averages
- The per capita consumption of pasta & noodles was lower in Colombia compared to the global and regional level in 2017
- The Colombian pasta & noodles sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.8% by value during 2017-2022.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.