The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
In the FSU, more than 40 crude oil and natural gas projects are expected to come online by 2025. Russia leads among countries with more than 30 projects, Uzbekistan follows with two announced projects. Key projects in the FSU are expected to contribute about 1.6 bbd of crude production and about 16.7 bcfd of gas production in 2025. Among companies, Gazprom, Rosneft Oil Co, and Lukoil Oil Co have the highest level of spending on planned and announced projects.
Key Highlights included in this report -
- A total of 43 crude and natural gas projects are expected to start operations in four countries in the Former Soviet Union (FSU) during 2018-2025. Among these, 18 represent the number of planned projects with identified development plans and 25 represent the number of early-stage announced projects that are undergoing conceptual studies and that are expected to get approved for development.
- In 2025, key projects in the FSU are expected to contribute about 1,648 thousand barrels of oil per day (mbd) of crude production and about 16.7 billion cubic feet per day (bcfd) of gas production.
- In terms of number of oil and gas projects in the FSU, Russia leads among countries with 22 announced and 17 planned projects. Uzbekistan follows with two announced projects.
- Among operators, Rosneft Oil Co leads with the highest operatorship, with three planned projects, of which one is crude and two are natural gas. Gazprom and Lukoil-Western Siberia follow with two planned projects each, all being natural gas.
- In terms of announced projects, Rosneft Oil Co will operate three early-stage projects, followed by Gazprom, Kondaneft (100% subsidary of Rosneft Oil Co), IPC-Taymyrneftegazdobycha, and Mangazeya with two projects each.
- Proposed capital expenditure (capex) of around US$38 billion is expected to be spent between 2018 and 2025 to bring the planned projects online in the FSU, with over US$34 billion expected to be spent on key announced projects.
- Among countries, Russia is expected to account for most of the capex on the planned projects in the FSU, with over US$38 billion expected to be spent during 2018-2025. Kazakhstan follows next with around US$20 million.
- Among early-stage projects, Russia leads with a capex of over US$32 billion, followed by Azerbaijan and Uzbekistan with values of around US$1.6 billion and US$1.1 billion, respectively.
- Among companies, Gazprom, Rosneft Oil Co, and Lukoil Oil Co have the highest level of spending on planned projects with values of around US$23.2 billion, US$12.8 billion, and US$2.4 billion, respectively.
- The highest level of spending on early-stage announced projects is by Gazprom, Rosneft Oil Co, and Lukoil Oil Co with values of around US$16.4 billion, US$5.5 billion, and US$4.1 billion, respectively.
- Oil and gas production outlook by key countries and companies in the FSU
- Planned projects count and starts by key countries and companies in the region
- Details of key planned crude and natural gas projects in the FSU
- Capex and opex outlook by key countries and companies in the region.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand oil and gas production outlook for the FSU
- Keep abreast of key planned production projects in the region
- Facilitate decision making on the basis of strong oil and gas production forecast
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights on FSU production and capex outlook
- Assess your competitor’s planned oil and gas production projects in FSU.