Mobile Phones Global Industry Almanac 2013-2022
Global Mobile Phones industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global mobile phones market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
- The mobile phone market consists of all cell phones used for mobile telephony. The market is split into two segments: feature phones and smartphones.
- Smartphones are defined as advanced cell phones that serve as computing devices in addition to being mobile handsets and that run on an advanced mobile operating system. Key examples of smartphones include the Apple iPhone range (which run on the iOS operating system), Samsung Galaxy S6 (which runs on the Android operating system) and Blackberry and Windows Phone handsets.
- Feature phones are defined as cell phones that are not considered to be smartphones. Feature phones may still offer some features that smartphones do, such as the ability to browse the Internet, listen to music or take pictures, but have significantly less computational power than smartphones. Key examples of feature phones include the Nokia 105 and the LG Cosmos 3. The market does not include other types of handset, such as cordless phones in which a short-range radio link is used to communicate between the handset and a fixed-line base station, or those used for specialized applications such as two-way radio, etc.
- Market volumes for a given year are defined as the number of shipments to end-users, including both new uptake and renewal purchases and market values have been calculated using average selling prices before the impact of carrier subsidies. The units in the report represent number of phones delivered to users each year, not the total number of phones in existence.
- All currency conversions are carried out at constant average annual 2017 exchange rates.
- The global mobile phones market had total revenues of $315,053.9m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 5.5% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 1,531.3 million units in 2017.
- In October 2015, the Chinese government announced the imposition of a two-child policy, allowing families to have more than one child. This will result in an increased number of buyers in the Chinese economy in around a decade and a half. However, this will not affect growth in volume consumption levels over the forecast period, with growth expected to continue on its overall decelerating trend over the coming years.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global mobile phones market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global mobile phones market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key mobile phones market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global mobile phones market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global mobile phones market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global mobile phones market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global mobile phones market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global mobile phones market?