The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Success Case Study: Warburtons Wholemeal Protein Bread", is part of GlobalData’s Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of Warburtons wholemeal protein bread. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Our primary research shows that 70% of consumers in the UK are trying to consume as much protein as possible or a moderate amount. Protein is considered be a positive nutrient in the country, and high-protein products are in demand. Warburtons, one of the UK’s largest manufacturers of baked goods, launched its new protein-fortified wholemeal bread range in September 2016. The new range was launched as the first high-protein innovation in the Warburtons brand line-up. It is also the first of its kind from a major UK bakery brand.
- The distribution channels, innovation features, and price of the Warburtons wholemeal protein range meet the UK’s general consumer trends.
- UK consumers are keen on sensory aspects such as flavor, and Warburtons promises that its wholemeal protein range does not compromise on taste because of its high protein content.
- Detecting "micro-trends" and bringing these into the mainstream can create opportunities, while exploring nutrient trends across categories for innovation ideas, also has potential.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.