The study includes detailed analysis of key trends and other market information regarding SaaS technology and its various segments. It also emphasizes on providing global market size, compounded annual growth rate (CAGR), and revenue prospects for various segments and subsegments through 2022. However, SaaS technology’s core market segment is composed of key enterprise applications or software, hosted and delivered by third-party vendors, CSPs or MSPs through various cloud deployment modes. However, this report includes only public cloud deployment modes for market study.
Moreover, there are several SaaS vendors who offer IT infrastructure software or applications, for which cloud-based or SaaS subscriptions are also provided. The report does not include the SaaS market for such applications. Some examples of the type of applications include virtualization software, middleware, application integration, content delivery solutions and more.
SaaS market is segmented by application type including analytics, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), HR and payroll, Supply Chain Management (SCM), finance and accounting, Enterprise Content Management (ECM), collaboration, and other enterprise applications such as legal and risk management, marketing and omnichannel, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) platforms.
The market is also segmented by large enterprises as well as small and medium businesses (SMBs) based on the adoption of SaaS delivery model in different size organizations in various verticals. SaaS market segmented by verticals includes Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), retail, Telecom Media and Technology (TMT), healthcare, discrete manufacturing, travel and hospitality, utilities (energy and power, oil and gas, water management, etc.) and others, including education. Furthermore, regional analysis includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America, as geographies.
The report also provides company profiles and competitive analysis of key SaaS vendors holding the maximum share of the market. Some of the companies include Oracle, SAP, IBM, Microsoft Corp., Salesforce.com, Workday, HP, Rackspace and others.
- 36 data tables and 23 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for software as a service (SaaS) or cloud-based applications within the Information Technology industry
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Understand market dynamics, and identify major factors such as drivers, restraints, opportunities and technological update influencing the global market
- Assess various business applications of SaaS technology in diverse industry segments or verticals
- Segmentation of global SaaS markets by region, product type, application area, and end-user industries
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players within the market Adobe Systems, Inc., IBM Corp., Microsoft Corp., SAP SE and Salesforce.com, Inc.