The scope of this report includes the market for biogas to energy for five different feedstock sources: municipal and domestic sewage and sewage sludge, industrial wastewater, food waste and landfill-derived or other municipal derived organics (green waste, yard waste, etc.), landfill gas and agricultural (including animal manures and crop residues as well as dedicated energy crops). The biogas market also is broken down by technology category: passive systems, mesophilic digesters, thermophilic digesters, dry digesters and landfill gas.
A discussion of the market by world region includes overviews of North America, Europe and Asia and individual profiles for countries most active in each region. Present market status, biogas production potential, and policies and incentives that support the industry are given for each country. All market valuations and projections cover the years from 2016 to 2022. Market figures are based on the revenues derived from equipment sales and are projected in 2017 constant dollars (i.e., inflation is not computed into the projection figures). Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
A technology overview, presentation on the structure of the industry and brief profiles for major participating companies also are included.
For the purposes of the report, biogas equipment will be limited to anaerobic digesters and the gas collection equipment needed in landfill gas recovery projects. The machinery used to transform the gas into electricity?reciprocating and other types of gas engines, turbine and microturbines, and fuel cells?are not included in the analysis. Similarly, systems for biogas upgrading to renewable natural gas (RNG) also are not included in the study.
- 58 data tables
- An overview of the global market for anaerobic digestion equipment used to transform waste materials into sustainable energy
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 to 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Information on the best strategies used by governments responsible for sustainable waste handling and energy supply solutions
- An examination of current as well as future trends in the market for industry players and technology developers to understand and strategize their investments
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including ADI Systems, BDI-BioEnergy International, CH4 Biogas LLC, Ebara Corp., Kruger USA, Republic Services, Inc. and Turning Earth LLC