Shrimps are one of the most common and popular types of seafood consumed worldwide. The demand of shrimps has been high due to their nutritional value and health benefits as they are low in fat, high in protein and a moderate source of omega-3 fatty acids. The trend towards consumption of healthy and low-fat foods and the demand for marine proteins in both developed and developing countries are currently driving the growth of the shrimp market. One of the biggest challenges faced by this market in the last decade was the emergence of the EMS disease in China in 2009. This significantly impacted the shrimp markets in China, Thailand, Vietnam and Mexico. The shrimp market, however, has recovered in the last few years with global production levels reaching 4.5 Million Metric Tons in 2017.
IMARC Group’s latest report titled “Shrimp Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023” has segmented the shrimp market on the basis of species, size and region. Based on species, the market is segmented into Penaeus Vannamei (or White-leg shrimp), Penaeus Monodon (or Black Tiger Shrimp) and Macrobrachium Rosenbergii. On the basis of sizes available, the market has been categorized into various segments such as <21, 21-25, 26-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61-70 and >70. Region-wise, China represented the largest market in terms of production. China was followed by Vietnam, India, Indonesia, Ecuador and Thailand.
This report provides a detailed roadmap for setting up a shrimp processing plant. The study covers all the prerequisites of the shrimp processing industry and provides an in-depth analysis of the shrimp market, industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the shrimp processing industry in any manner.
Key questions answered in this report:
- How has the shrimp market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global shrimp industry?
- What are the price trends of shrimp?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the shrimp industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the shrimp industry?
- What is the structure of the shrimp industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the shrimp industry?
- What are the profit margins in the shrimp industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a shrimp processing plant?
- How is shrimp processed?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a shrimp plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a shrimp plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a shrimp plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a shrimp plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for shrimp?
- What are the transportation requirements for shrimp?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a shrimp plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a shrimp plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a shrimp plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a shrimp plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a shrimp plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a shrimp plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?