SNCF Mobilites Group
- Company Strategy & Performance Analysis
SNCF Mobilit?s primarily engages in public transportation and freight services. It operates its business through three business units: SNCF Voyageurs, SNCF Logistics, and Keolis. Its SNCF Logistics segment operates through the Geodis, rail freight and multimodal transport (TFMM), Ermewa and STVA divisions. Some of SNCF Logistics’ major service offerings include supply chain optimization, freight forwarding - air and sea, contract logistics, distribution and express, and road transport. It also offers long term management and the leasing of rail transportation equipment such as wagons, tank containers, locomotives, mainline locomotives or shunters. SNCF Logistics operates its business in more than 120 countries. SNCF Mobilit?s is headquartered in Paris, France.
MarketLine Premium’s company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the world’s leading transport and logistics companies. The report details company operations in key geographies and offers a comprehensive analysis of each firm’s growth strategy and financial performance. The reports benchmark company performance via key indicators, including air freight revenue, sea freight revenue, air freight volume, sea freight volume, operating income, net income, Total revenue.
Higher revenue recognition from the Gares and Connexions division led to segmental revenue growth
SNCF Voyageurs’ segment revenue increased at rate of 0.7% from US$16,624.0m in 2015 to US$16,732.4m in 2016. In actual currency, revenue increased by 1.1% over the same period. This growth was primarily attributed to the strong performance of the Gares and Connexions division. In 2016, Gares and Connexions’ division revenue increased by 23.9%, from US$395.2m in 2015 to US$489.8m in 2016.
Strong growth in the Geodis division led to an increase in revenues in the SNCF Logistics segment
SNCF Logistics’ segment revenue increased at rate of 10.2% from US$10,069.4m in 2015 to US$11,099.6m in 2016. In actual currency, revenue increased by 10.7% over the same period. This increase was primarily attributed to the 14.5% growth in Geodis division revenue, which increased from US$7,630.3m in 2015 to US$8,736.0m in 2016. Geodis’s business volumes primarily increased due to the acquisition of the logistics firm, Ozburn-Hessey Logistics (OHL). It was also supported by higher volumes from the company’s freight forwarding and contractual logistics activities.
EFFIA’s acquisition of SAEMES led to an increase in Keolis’s segment revenue
The Keolis segment is a mass transit operator, which operates in 15 countries around the world. It covers all modes of transportation, which include train, metro, bus, car, tramway, ferries, and bicycles. It also manages interconnection points such as stations and airports. Keolis’s segment revenue increased at rate of 1.0% from US$5,447.7m in 2015 to US$5,503.4m in 2016. In actual currency, revenue increased by 1.4% over the same period. The increased revenue is attributed to EFFIA’s acquisition of Soci?t? Anonyme d’Economie Mixte d’Exploitation du Stationnement de la Ville de Paris (SAEMES); it became a 33.3% stakeholder. SAEMES is a semi-public parking system operator with 30,000 parking spaces in France.
- Company Snapshot - Details SNCF Mobilites’ key indicators and rankings in terms of revenue, air freight volume, ocean containers and total warehouse space.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines SNCF Mobilites’ strengths, weaknesses, and the opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - Provides an overview of SNCF Mobilites’ corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - Analyses the company’s performance by geographical segment and provides a peer comparison on parameters such as revenue and market share.
- Key Developments - Showcases SNCF Mobilites’ recent corporate events and initiatives.
- ICT Spending Prediction - Details how the company allocates its ICT budget across the core areas of its business, specifically hardware, software, IT services, communications and consulting.
Reasons To Buy
- How does SNCF Mobilites ranks among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are SNCF Mobilites’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- How has the company performed since 2014?
- How has SNCF Mobilites performed in comparison to its main competitors?
- What are SNCF Mobilites’s strengths and weaknesses and what are the opportunities and threats it faces?