Global Internet Access Industry Profile & Value Chain Analysis
Global Internet Access industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
The value chain analysis reveals the business activities which comprise the global internet access value /supply chain. All key stages are highlighted, along with examples of companies active, and assessments of the burning issues for every stage of the value chain. Key value/supply chain stages analyzed include infrastructure, ISP, devices and end-users.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global internet access market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
The value/supply chain analysis reveals the business activities which comprise the global internet access market value/supply chain. All key stages are highlighted, along with examples of companies active, and assessments of the burning issues for every stage of the value/supply chain. Key value/supply chain stages analyzed include infrastructure, ISP, devices, and end-user.
- The internet access sector consists of the total revenues generated by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) from the provision of narrowband and broadband Internet connections and wireless through both consumer and corporate channels.
- The global internet access market had total revenues of $981.4bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.9% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 7.6% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 2,924.8 million subscriptions in 2016.
- China is by far the leading nation globally in terms of both market value and subscription volumes. Considering that internet penetration stands at only around 52% at present, the potential for growth in this market is huge.
- Infrastructure can be divided between physical and remote. Most people, businesses and organizations will have access to the internet via fiber-optic cables, but for remote areas microwave or satellites become viable options.
- ISPs can be broken down into six sub-types, but for most people they will only ever come into contact with two - the remainder have specialist uses.
- In many countries smartphones are now the leading means of accessing the internet, demoting PCs and laptops.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the internet access market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global internet access market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key internet access market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global internet access market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- Quickly and easily identify the key stages and sub-stages of the global internet access market value/supply chain
- See examples of companies active at each stage of the global internet access market value/supply chain
- Examine trends and burning issues impacting the global internet access market value/supply chain
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global internet access market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the global internet access market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global internet access market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global internet access market?
- Who are the top competitors in the global internet access industry?
- What are the key stages and sub-stages of the global internet access industry value/supply chain?