Hydropower is the most mature, reliable and cost-effective renewable power generation technology where power is derived from the energy of water moving from higher to lower elevations. It is a technology that is a long established method of generating electricity, especially in developed western countries. It is a proven, anticipated, and typically price-competitive technology. Hydropower has one of the best efficiencies of conversion of all known energy sources (water to wire 90 percent efficiency). In developing nations this resource is heavily underutilized and will therefore provide considerable growth opportunities, as demand for electricity increases to fuel growing industrialization. Though it requires comparatively high initial investment, it has a long service life with very low operational and maintenance costs.
The unique siting requirements of traditional underground hydropower facilities, however, present substantial development risk. Higher efficiency, next-generation hydropower technologies may not be limited by geological considerations are being commercialized.
Why you should buy The Global Hydropower Market 2018
- 201 pages of comprehensive analysis
- 59 tables, charts, and graphs quantifying the market in detail
- Global Hydropower market forecasts between 2018 and 2028
- Outlooks for selected Hydropower markets including:
- North America
- Middle East
- Latin America
- Plus 56 countries located within these regions
- A Drivers & Restraints analysis examining the Hydropower market
- 82 key companies identified and profiled operating within the Hydropower Market.
You can order this report today and discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Hydropower industry and gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering The Global Hydropower Market 2018.