The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“Increase in awareness about passenger and vehicle safety drives the head-up display market”
The head-up display market is expected to reach USD 4.71 billion by 2023 from USD 1.27 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 29.91% between 2018 and 2023. The factors such as increase in awareness about passenger and vehicle safety, convenience offered by the combination of satellite navigation technology and HUD system, increase in demand for connected vehicles and technologically advanced HUDs drive the demand for head-up displays. However, large space requirement in the automotive cockpit and high requirement of luminance, power, and brightness restrain the growth of the market.
“Conventional HUD held the largest share of the head-up display market in 2017”
Conventional HUD held the largest share of the head-up display market in 2017. Conventional HUDs are widely used in commercial and defense airplanes and automobiles applications. Conventional HUDs in airplanes display information regarding position, radar information, flight path, acceleration, and real-time position, which helps pilots to react instantly. This innovation has slowly made its way into the automotive industry and is currently being considered among the prominent driver assistance systems. Increasing adoption of the technology by OEMs, reducing installation prices of HUD systems, and increasing importance given to vehicle and passenger safety systems are the factors responsible for the growth of this market.
“North America is expected to hold the largest share of the market during the forecast period”
North America held the largest share of the head-up display market in 2017, in terms of revenue, and the similar trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Drivers responsible for the growth of the HUD market in North America are increase in awareness about active safety systems in automobile and aircraft manufacturing business; large customer base and high disposable income of people propel the demand for premium and luxury cars equipped with HUDs, which act as value-added features for these cars.
Breakdown of primary participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 = 25%, Tier 2 = 35%, and Tier 3 = 40%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives = 35%, Directors = 25%, and Others = 40%
- By Region: Europe = 43%, APAC = 29%, North America = 14%, and RoW = 14%
Some of the major players operating in the head-up display market are as follows:
1. Nippon Seiki (Japan)
2. Continental (Germany)
3. DENSO (Japan)
4. BAE Systems (UK)
5. Visteon (US)
6. Pioneer Corporation (Japan)
7. MicroVision (US)
8. Thales (France)
9. Garmin (Switzerland)
10. Panasonic (Japan)
In this report, the head-up display market has been segmented on the basis of component, type, application, and geography. The report also discusses the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for the market growth. It gives a detailed view of the market across 4 main regions?North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW. Value chain analysis has been included in the report, along with the key players and their competitive analysis in the head-up display ecosystem.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
- This report includes statistics for the head-up display market based on component, type, application, and geography, along with their respective market sizes.
- Value chain analysis and key industry trends have been provided for the market.
- Major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for the head-up display market have been provided in detail in this report.
- This report would help stakeholders to understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the market.
- The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem and the recent development strategies adopted by the key players in the market such as product launches and developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions.