The rise of new mega cities, population explosion, growing urbanization, lack of physical space, and environmental pollution are posing a challenge to cities all over the world. People travel more frequently and cover greater distances than before, leading to factors such as safety, reliability, and swiftness now becoming essential considerations in the purchase of any mobility solution. Intelligent Mobility (IM) enables users to be better informed and make safer and smarter use of available transport networks, while decreasing congestion and reducing the environmental impact of travelling. Many cities around the world have already made investments in various technologies to address their mobility challenges.
Smart cities are cities built on smart solutions and technology that will lead to the adoption of intelligent and seamless transportation. This study examines the prevailing trends in the IM market at a global level. It focuses on various developments in this segment, including their current and future outlook. It also presents a general overview of car sharing, smart parking, autonomous vehicles (AVs), connected logistics, vehicle-to-everything (V2X), usage-based insurance (UBI), and connectivity. As billions of connected devices join the Internet of Things (IoT) in the next few years, various communication technologies will enable the transformation, and as well the easy accessibility, of complex hybrid intelligence in a transportation solution. IM integrates automated, connected driving with new mobility business models, helping to reduce fatalities, traffic congestion, and per capita carbon footprint.
This study outlines the need for IM, an ideology that drives people from origin to destination, by leveraging state-of-the-art automotive technologies. It also examines prevailing trends in the global IM market and focuses on various developments in its segments.
The scope of the research includes:
- Overview of the seven intelligent mobility segments (car sharing, smart parking, AVs, connected logistics, V2X, UBI, and connectivity)
- Case studies and profiles of cities where unique intelligent transportation strategies are being adopted.
- Key factors that disrupt the intelligent mobility market • Strategic imperatives for growth and success of a smart mobility market
- Opportunities of growth and call to action
- IM–Trends and Implications
- Global and regional analysis of initiatives taken around the world to integrate IM and the future outlook.
Key Issues Addressed
- How IM is a becoming a key area of focus for leading smart cities?
- What are the global mobility challenges and how countries are addressing them?
- What are the emerging disruptive technologies in the area of transportation? • Who are the stakeholders and what is their role in enabling IM?
- Which are the cities that have adopted unique mobility services?