The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Mali: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Mali today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecommunications service revenue reached $1,013.9 million in 2018 and will grow at a CAGR of 3.5% over 2018-2023 to reach $1,204.5 million by 2023, led by growth in the mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile voice services account for the majority share of total telecom service revenue in Mali through the forecast period but will see its revenue gradually drop to $606.6 million by year-end 2023. Mobile data revenue will expand the fastest with a CAGR of 15.1% over 2018-2023 reaching $480 million by the end of 2023, driven by growth in data usage as smartphone penetration as well as 3G and 4G adoption increases over the period.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Mali.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Mali will grow at a CAGR of 3.5% during 2018-2023.
- Mobile services revenue will reach $1,093.8 million by end of 2023, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband.
- 2G will remain the most adopted mobile technology across the forecast period 2018-2023, but 3G and 4G subscriptions will grow at a faster rate.
- Competition in the mobile communications market is expected to increase over the forecast period with the entry of third MNO, Telecel, in early 2018.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Mali’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Mali’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Mali’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Mali.