"Computers & Tablets 2018", report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the hot issues affecting the market, strategies for success, key trends, retailer and brand comparisons, retailer case studies, and consumer data.
The report focuses on laptops & notebooks, tablets & e-readers, smartwatches & fitness bands, desktops and accessories. Consumer data is based on our 2017 computers & tablet survey, using a panel of 2,000 nationally representative consumers.
The Computers & Tablets market will suffer in 2018, from both lower consumer confidence stemming from the UK’s impending exit from the EU and longer replacement cycles for non-essential purchases as disposable income is squeezed.
Wearable technology (e.g. smartwatches and fitness bands) are driving the market, as consumer interest in health & wellbeing products continue to rise, coupled with lower-priced devices being introduced in the marker, making the technology more accessible.
- Lower consumer confidence and a longer product replacement cycle will lead to 1.8% total market growth in 2018, the slowest for five years.
- Amazon and Dixons Carphone are set to grow share in 2018, both benefiting from greater customer loyalty and an improved multichannel strategy.
- Laptops and notebooks have the highest consumer penetration (17.7%), as replacement purchases top the list of purchase motivations.
Reasons To Buy
- Using our main issues and key trends section, understand which subsectors and formats are the fastest performing to ensure more focus and investment in these winning product areas.
- Receive detailed analysis of key market players, their market shares and changes, and consumer penetration by demographic and region.
- Understand shoppers’ purchasing habits and preferences within computers & tablets, and what influences their retailer selection in order to drive spend.