"Food & Grocery Retailing in Chile, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Chile retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Chile food and grocery retail industry.
Steady population growth, totalling 18.2m in 2016, up from 17.3m in 2011 coupled with steady price inflation is driving food & grocery sales. In addition, a recovering economy, rising wages, and greater interest in healthy eating will encourage more spending in the sector. Backed by these factors, sales in food & grocery sector will register a CAGR of 4.8% during 2016-2021 to reach CLP$27,971.2bn by 2021 from CLP$22,132.4bn in 2016. Hypermarkets, supermarkets, and harddiscounters is the largest channel in terms of sales value and accounted for 42.4% of the overall sector sales in 2016. Walmart, has a strong presence in the country’s food & grocery sector through its brands Lider Hiper, Lider Express and Superbodega Acuenta.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Retail sales set to register healthy growth
- Sector sales grow backed by inflation and population growth
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters gaining share
- International retailers have a strong presence in the sector
- Top 10 retailers accounted for 35.3% of total sector sales in 2016
- Tottus registered the fastest growth in the sector sales during 2015-2016
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Chile retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Chile retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.