The aircraft wire and cable market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.91% during the forecast period.
The aircraft wire and cable market is projected to grow from USD 695.2 million in 2017 to USD 926.4 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 5.91% between 2017 and 2022. Over the years, passenger traffic has increased in the UAE and emerging countries, such as India and China. In addition, airlines are demanding lightweight and fuel-efficient aircraft with enhanced engine efficiency to reduce operational cost and increase profit margins, which is resulting in aircraft modernization programs whereby old aircraft are being replaced with new and more efficient aircraft. However, the existing backlog in aircraft deliveries can restrain the growth of the aircraft wire and cable market. Delays in aircraft deliveries can also result in cancellation of aircraft orders.
Based on type, the aircraft harness segment is estimated to lead the aircraft wire and cable market in 2017.
Based on type, the aircraft harness segment is estimated to lead the aircraft wire and cable market in 2017. Owing to features such as vibration and abrasion resistance, space optimization, and easy installation, aircraft harnesses are widely used when compared to individual wires and cables. The demand for aircraft harness is also expected to grow during the forecast period due to the increase in the number of commercial passenger and cargo aircraft across the globe.
Based on application, the flight control system segment is estimated to lead the aircraft wire and cable market in 2017.
Based on application, the flight control system segment is estimated to lead the aircraft wire and cable market in 2017. Flight control system ensures the reliability of aircraft flight, and wires and cables are essential in interconnecting these systems. With the adoption of fly-by-wire aircraft in the present generation, wires and cables used for primary and secondary flight control system are significantly more as compared to other applications. Hence, this segment is estimated to lead the aircraft wire and cable market during the forecast period.
North America is expected to lead the aircraft wire and cable market in 2017.
North America is estimated to lead the aircraft wire and cable market in 2017. Countries considered under North America are the US and Canada. The presence of some of the major aircraft manufacturers, such as Boeing (US), Bombardier (Canada), Lockheed Martin (US), Bell Helicopter (US), and Sikorsky Aircraft (US), among others, in North America and a large number of aircraft deliveries to this region have contributed to the growth of the aircraft wire and cable market in North America.
Break-up of profile of primary participants for this report:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 45%, Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, Others – 40%
- By Region: North America – 45%, Europe – 20%, Asia Pacific – 30%, RoW – 5%
Some of the key players in the aircraft wire and cable market include TE Connectivity (Switzerland), Amphenol Corporation (US), Rockwell Collins (US), Ametek (US), Radiall (France), Carlisle Companies (US), Pic Wire & Cable (US), W.L. Gore & Associates (US), A.E. Petsche Co. (US), Leviton (US), etc.
The study segments the aircraft wire and cable market based on application (flight control system, lighting, data transfer, power transfer, avionics, and others), type (aircraft wire, aircraft harness, and aircraft cable), fit (linefit and retrofit), aircraft type (civil aircraft, military aircraft), and maps these segments and subsegments across major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW (Rest of the World). The report provides in-depth market intelligence regarding the market dynamics and major factors influencing the growth of the aircraft wire and cable market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges), along with an analysis of micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and their contribution to the aircraft wire and cable market.
Reasons To Buy the report:
From an insight perspective, the aircraft wire and cable market report focuses on various levels of analyses ? industry analysis, market share analysis of top players, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, high-growth regions and countries, and their respective regulatory policies, drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The aircraft wire and cable market report provide insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information regarding the competitive landscape of the aircraft wire and cable market
- Market Sizing: Market size in the financial year 2015-2016 and projection of the market size from 2017 to 2022
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the aircraft wire and cable market
- Market Overview: Market dynamics and subsequent analyses of associated trends, drivers, restraints, and opportunities prevailing in the aircraft wire and cable market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative markets by analyzing markets for aircraft wire and cable across various regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the aircraft wire and cable market
- Regional Analysis: Factors influencing market shares of North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading market players