“Increasing realization of safeguarding websites from Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks is driving the growth of the DNS service market.”
The global Domain Name System (DNS) service market size is expected to grow from USD 238.9 million in 2017 to USD 438.8 million by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 12.9% during the forecast period. The increasing realization of safeguarding websites from DDoS attacks and low cost associated with DNS service are some of the factors expected to drive the DNS service market. However, the availability of free DNS service providers may act as the restraining factor for the growth of the DNS service market.
“The cloud deployment type is expected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period.”
Cloud deployment is expected to be a faster growing deployment type in this market, as it is being increasingly accepted in the industry, because of its easy, flexible, affordable, and scalable feature. Moreover, the installation and maintenance cost of cloud-based services is less than that of on-premises services.
“Retail and eCommerce industry vertical is expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period.”
Among the industry vertical segment, the retail and eCommerce industry vertical is expected to grow at the highest CAGR, as this industry vertical cannot afford a DNS outage owing to the involvement of the online shopping experience, which could cost retail stakeholders a huge loss in terms of revenue and customer satisfaction.
“Asia Pacific (APAC) is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
In terms of the growth rate, APAC is expected to grow at the highest growth rate. This is owing to the presence of broad and diverse internet subscriber base in many of the APAC countries, technological advancements in industry verticals, and increasing deployment of data center and cloud infrastructure in this region.
In-depth interviews were conducted with Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), marketing directors, innovation and technology directors, and executives from various key organizations operating in the DNS service market.
The breakup of the profiles of primary participants is given below:
- By Company: Tier 1 – 27%, Tier 2 – 42%, and Tier 3 – 31%
- By Designation: C-Level – 53%, Director Level – 43%, and Others – 4%
- By Region: North America – 42%, Europe – 24%, APAC – 30%, and Rest of the World (RoW) – 4%
The key DNS service vendors profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Cloudflare (US)
2. AWS (US)
3. VeriSign (US)
4. Oracle (US)
5. Akamai Technologies (US)
6. Google (US)
7. IBM (US)
8. NS1 (US)
9. Microsoft (US)
10. Neustar (US)
11. CDNetworks (South Korea)
12. DNS Made Easy (US)
The DNS service market has been segmented based on DNS servers, deployment types, organization sizes, industry verticals, and regions. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide insights into their business overview; services; key strategies; new service launches; partnerships, agreements, and collaborations; expansions; and competitive landscape associated with the global DNS service market.
Reasons To Buy the Report
The report will help market leaders/new entrants in the following ways:
- The report segments the DNS service market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations to the revenue numbers for the overall market and subsegments across different regions.
- The report is expected to help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market, and provides information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- The report is expected to help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the market.
- The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new services developments, partnerships, and acquisitions.