"Adding Value Through Packaging: Household Care and Laundry", explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the household care category, using examples from GlobalData’s Pack-Track innovation tool.
Household care packaging are often seen as a basic commodity and, with a huge and varied selection of products on the retail shelf, it can be difficult for brand owners to offer something unique to consumers. Packaging is a key element that can provide differentiation and important added-value benefits. By using packaging to improve convenience and functionality it is possible to adapt to consumers’ changing lifestyles, but the demands of the environmental agenda mean that consideration must also be given to the impact that packaging is having on our planet and its ecosystems. We have used GlobalData’s Pack-Track packaging innovation tool to identify new packaging developments within the category, and this report discusses special features and benefits of examples we like, and how they fit in with current consumer trends within GlobalData’s TrendSights framework.
Key Questions Answered
- What drives packaging innovations in household care?
- What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in the household care category in recent years?
- Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on?
- How can household care manufacturers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
- In order to be more successful brand owners are adjusting their packs to different lifestyle needs of consumers.
- Convenience is key and enhanced functionality through packs that allow easy usage in the home is a noticeable trend.
- Packaging that has greater sensory appeal can create a point of difference and may garner favor with style-conscious consumers who are looking for products that fit in with their values and lifestyle aspirations.
- Society’s ever-increasing reliance on plastics is not sustainable in the long-term and brand owners need to look to bio-based materials and eco-friendly solutions to improve their social responsibility credentials.
Reasons To Buy
- Use GlobalData’s Added Value Through Packaging reports to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Appreciate the importance of the sensory element of packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.