Improper water treatment and management services has a direct impact on the public health, and leads to air, land, and groundwater pollution. Moreover, rising incidences of droughts and floods has resulted in a rising outbreak of diseases such as cholera, and malaria, among others. It is estimated that globally, approximately 3.5 million people die, annually, because of inadequate water sanitation and hygiene. The Degraded water quality and lack of hygiene contribute to about 88% of the deaths from diarrhoeal diseases. High number of deaths are mostly witnessed in developing countries as compared to the developed economies. Along with environmental hazards, diseases outbreak results into extra municipal expenditures, thus restricting municipalities from investing in other civic amenities, further creating issues in the overall developmental process for any particular region or country.
Increased globalization, surge in waste water volumes and depleting resources for fresh water, among others, have led to an increase in the demand of water globally. According to United Nations, in 2013, an increase in water withdrawal from the fresh water resources is expected to grow by 50% in developing countries, and 18% by developed countries in 2025. It is also estimated that by 2025, approximately 1,800 million people will live in absolute water scarce region and approximately two thirds of the global population will dwell in water stress regions. Therefore, the need for water treatment has increased largely at the global scale. The water treatment industry is expected to advance extensively due to a surge in waste water volumes, increasing water demand for industrial processing, and stringent regulations, among others, in developing and non-developed economies. Existing players will have an established platform for increased commercialization and business expansion across the various water infrastructure segments such as chemicals, and equipment. The high growth rate of the market is due to the increasing demand from high end sectors like oil & gas, pulp & paper, and mining industries. Additionally, high demand in the market is also aided by the burgeoning demand growth for biocides & disinfectants. During the forecast period, water treatment chemicals market is expected to witness growth backed by the rampant demand in the end uses, and rising environmental regulatory concerns. Owing to these factors, the water treatment chemicals market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.3%, in terms of value, from 2016 to 2021.
The report is a compilation of the different segments of the global water treatment chemicals market, including market breakdown by the product type, end-user industries and different geographical areas. Herein, the revenue generated from the different product type, namely, corrosion inhibitors, coagulants & flocculants, scale inhibitors, biocides & disinfectants, pH adjusters and anti-foaming agents, and end-user industries, namely, municipal, power, oil & gas, paper & pulp, mining, food & beverage, and chemicals, among others, are tracked to calculate the overall market size. While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a detailed summary of the market. It also includes the key participants involved in the manufacturing and distribution of these products.
The report answers the following questions about the global water treatment chemicals market:
- What is the size, in terms of value ($million) and volume (Kilo Tons) of the water treatment chemicals market in 2016, and growth rate during the forecast period, 2017-2021?
- What are different types of water treatment chemicals, and developments by respective manufacturers?
- What is the revenue generation ($million) and volume consumed (Kilo Tons) by water treatment chemicals for different end-user industries in 2016 and their growth prospects?
- What is the water treatment chemicals market size for different regions, on the basis of various end-user industries in terms of value and volume?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market, pertaining to the countries included in different geographical regions?
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry by analysing the futuristic scenario of water treatment chemicals?
- What are the major driving forces that tend to increase the demand for the water treatment chemicals during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global water treatment chemicals market?
- What kind of new strategies are being adopted by existing market players to expand its presence in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of key players in the water treatment chemicals market by analysing through market share analysis?
- What is the market share analysis of the leading players in the emerging countries like China and India?
- What are the key players in the market, along with their detailed analysis & profiles (including company snapshots, their financials, key products & services, and SWOT analysis)?
The report puts special emphasis on the market share of the leading companies in the water treatment chemicals market, owing to the changing paradigms in the industry. The report further includes a thorough analysis of the impact of the five major forces to understand the overall attractiveness of the industry. This segment also focuses on the key developments and investments made in the water treatment chemicals market by the players.
The competitive landscape for the water treatment chemicals market demonstrates an inclination towards companies adopting strategies such as product launch and development, and partnerships and collaborations. The major established players in the market are focusing on product launches and developments to introduce new technologies or further enhancing their existing product portfolio.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive analysis of the geographical split into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW). Each geography details the individual push and pull forces affecting the market, in addition to the key players from that region. The prominent players operating in the global water treatment chemicals market are Ecolab Inc., Kemira OYJ, Kurita Water Industries, BASF, K+S AG, Chembond Chemicals, Solenis, SNF Floeger, Buckman, Suez, Akzo Nobel N.V., and Organo Corporation, among others.