“The seed treatment market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.82% during the forecast period.”
The seed treatment market is estimated at USD 6.76 billion in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.82% from 2017, to reach USD 11.31 billion by 2022. This market has been gaining prominence among farmers to improve the agricultural yield and curb excessive pesticide application. Factors such as growing demand for precision farming and increasing awareness about the environmental concerns associated with excessive pesticide use across the world are projected to drive the seed treatment market. On the other hand, factors such as the high cost of seed treatment products and the low adoption rate of technology in developing markets are expected to restrain the growth of the seed treatment market.
“The oilseeds & pulses segment to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.”
On the basis of crop type, the oilseeds & pulses segment is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. The increasing cultivated areas under soybean, canola, and sunflower in North America, Asia Pacific, and Europe are projected to drive the application of seed treatment in these crops for their higher industrial value.
“The seed coating segment, by application technique, led the market in 2016.”
On the basis of application technique, the seed coating segment dominated the market in 2017 due to the increased adoption of this technique across the globe. Huge demand for multifunctional seed technologies and the advent of controlled-release technology in seed treatment are the factors driving the growth of seed coating.
“Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.”
Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing region in the seed treatment market between 2017 and 2022. The Asia Pacific region has been experiencing significant demand for seed treatment due to the need to undertake efforts to minimize the environmental concerns associated with excessive pesticide use. There has been a positive trend in the consumption of insecticide seed treatment in countries such as Australia, China, and other developing countries of the region.
The seed treatment market is segmented region-wise, with a detailed analysis of each region by studying the key markets. These regions include North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Breakdown of the profile of primary participants is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier I – 65 %, Tier II – 20%, and Tier III – 15%
- By Designation: C-level Executives – 29%, Directors – 21%, and Others – 50%
- By Region: Asia Pacific – 40%, Europe – 30%, North America – 10%, South America – 15%, and Middle East & Africa – 5%
The market is dominated by key players such as Bayer (Germany), Monsanto (US), Syngenta (Switzerland), BASF (Germany), Dow AgroSciences (US), DuPont (US), FMC (US), Sumitomo Chemical (Japan), Arysta LifeScience (US), INCOTEC (Netherlands), Nufarm (Australia), UPL (India), and Germains (UK).
- This study estimates the global seed treatment market, in terms of value, till 2022, segmented on the basis of type, function, crop type, application technique, and region.
- It offers a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of this market with reference to the competitive landscape, and the preferred development strategies such as expansions, acquisitions, new product developments, and agreements to gain a larger share of the market.
- It provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and the key issues of the market.
- It covers various important aspects of the market. These include analysis of the competitive landscape, market dynamics, market estimates in terms of value and volume, and future trends in the seed treatment market.
Reasons To buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses?competitive landscape mapping, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the seed treatment market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on seed treatment offered by the top players in the market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and growth strategies in the seed treatment market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets?the report analyzes the agricultural markets for seed treatment across various regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the seed treatment market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market share, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the seed treatment market.