The global market for Wall Coverings is projected to exceed US$41 billion by 2024, driven by the growing demand for digitally printed wall coverings; recovering construction activity; and launch of innovative products with smart functionality, novel geometrical patterns, intriguing textures and bold colors in response to the transforming interior design and home décor trends. Few of the benefits of wall coverings driving its adoption among homeowners and building architects include superior decorative and aesthetic appeal of vinyl wall coverings; easy customization and personalization of walls at lowest costs; longer durability and reduced maintenance load when compared to painted walls; and ability to mimic expensive designer look and the resulting increase in home value. Also driving growth in the market is the wide availability of patterned designs and graphics printed with eco-friendly ink. Vinyl wall coverings are witnessing strong demand in geriatric homes, hospitals and care centers given their long-lasting, scratch proof, impact resistant, flame retardant, hygienic, robust, safe and odorless features and characteristics. Against the backdrop of the escalating cost of home heating, there is increased focus shed on enhancing humidity inside the home with the help of insulated wall coverings built to prevent loss of interior humidity and made from foam, foil, Mylar and foam backed vinyl. Europe represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a projected CAGR of 7% over the analysis period led by factors such as burgeoning economies with huge population in countries such as China and India, improving disposable income and growing sophistication in middle class housing needs, and homeowner’s changing attitude towards interior décor.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Herman Miller Acquires Majority Stake in Maars Living Walls, a Global Designer and Manufacturer of Standard and Customized Modular Walls
- Morbi Announces 50 New Tile Manufacturing Units in a Move to Meet the Growing Demand for Wall Tiles in Both Domestic and International Markets
- With the Aim to Rapidly Expand in the Global Market, Sangetsu Acquires Majority Stake in Goodrich Global
- Ace Hardware Enters into Paint Partnership with Magnolia Home in the Home Improvement Market
- Lowe’s Partners with Sherwin-Williams in a Move to Offer Unique Paint-Aisles and Industry’s Top Brands to their Customers
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Interior Paint will remain the largest market, followed by Wallpaper.
- Wall Tile is projected to witness the fastest growth driven by its availability in beautiful styles with enhanced features such as versatility, sustainability and extended life for addressing diverse requirements of indoor spaces.
Product Definition & Scope
- ‘Wall Coverings’ are defined as protective wall décor including a variety of materials such as wallpapers, wall tiles, interior paint, wall panels, and unframed mirrors. For the purpose of this report, the term ‘Wall Coverings’ encompasses wallpapers, interior paint, wall tiles and wall panels.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Segments:
- Wall Papers, Interior Paint, Wall Tiles, and Wall Panels
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Brewster Home Fashions LLC
- Ceramiche Atlas
- Concorde S.p.A.
- Kronospan Limited
- Laminating Services, Inc.
- Mohawk Industries, Inc.
- PPG Industries, Inc.
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.