The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Global Commercial Aircraft market is in its longest Super Cycle ever starting in 2003 and still going strong propelled by multiple, favourable macroeconomic factors. Airlines profitability has been on the rising path over recent years reaching $34.5 billion in 2017 and projected to grow further to $38.4 billion in 2018, thus, enabling the airlines to pursue fleet replacements on shorter intervals, in turn, driving demand for new aircrafts from the OEMs. The OEMs have been focused strongly on ramping up aircraft production rates to meet delivery schedules and to reap the rich harvest of a healthy and robust order backlog spearheaded by the narrow body aircraft segment. The aircraft deliveries by the industry in 2018 are likely to reach a record high in 2018 with all OEMs boosting production rate.
The 2018 edition of this annual publication provides comprehensive analysis and key insights into the Strategies & Plans being conceptualized & implemented by the World’s 5 leading commercial aircraft manufacturers for the near to medium term horizon as the industry continues on its high growth trajectory. The report is unique with reference to its core focus on and deep qualitative analysis of strategies & plans for the industry OEMs.
The market landscape in the Global Commercial Aircraft market is on the verge of a tectonic shift with the Airbus’ joint ownership of the C-Series program along with Bombardier which provides a significant and much needed boost to the beleaguered C-Series program given Airbus’ strong global sales & marketing network while adding a scratch-up, great performing 21st century aircraft to Airbus’ portfolio without having to invest anything outright. The Airbus-Bombardier deal stacks the odds against Boeing in the battle between giants in the global commercial aircraft market. Boeing’s plans for a combination deal with Embraer, as a countermove, is likely to shake-up things a bit more.
The commercial aircraft industry is headed for further technological generation shift with electric propulsion technologies being developed for commercial aircrafts aimed at rapid reduction in CO2 emissions to meet regulatory guidelines while simultaneously bringing down operating costs significantly over long term. Further, 2018 is going to be an important year for the industry with three new aircraft programs scheduled to enter service, led by, Boeing’s 737 MAX 9, Airbus A321 LR and Embraer’s E190-E2.
Going forward into 2018, rising crude oil prices; which have resurged to $70 per barrel level, and are at their highest level since late 2014; and escalating labour costs are likely to be the biggest challenges for legacy as well as low cost carriers to maintain profitability level in an overall favourable operating environment with the long term demand drivers & fundamentals for commercial aviation remaining firmly in place with strong passenger traffic growth trend projected over the next 2 decades.
Against this backdrop, the report provides analysis of the strategies & plans being developed by the Top 5 commercial aircraft OEMs. The report also provides a comprehensive SWOT framework analysis on all 5 industry OEMs covered in the report providing useful insights into each player’s respective strengths and weaknesses. The report concludes with analysis of key trends, market conditions, potential growth opportunities and demand growth projections for the global commercial aircraft market through 2036.
- Boeing’s Broadening of Vertical Integration Strategy and Implications for the Aviation Supply Chain
- Airbus Strengthening its Stronghold on the Middle of the Market Aircraft Segment
- Airbus-Bombardier C-Series Deal and Implications for the Industry
- Embraer Targeting the Middle East Market Aggressively for its E2 Regional Jets Family
- Shifting Gravity of the Global Commercial Aircraft Market towards Asia-Pacific Region
- Rising Crude Oil Prices & Escalating Labour Costs to Put Pressure on Airlines Profitability
- Development of Turbo Electric & Hybrid Propulsion Technologies by the Industry
- Resurgence of Supersonic Air Travel
Relevance & Usefulness: The report will be useful for:-
- Strategic Planning, Assessment & Decision-Making Processes
- Competitor Analysis & Comparative Analysis of covered Industry OEMs
- Identification of & Insights into Potential Growth Opportunities & Avenues
- Analysis of Near to Medium Term Strategy Focus and Key Strategies & Plans for all OEMs
- Medium Term Strategic Outlook, Inputs on Market Evolution & Growth Projections through 2025
- Analysis of Emerging Market & Technology Trends
- Contingency planning for current Strategies & Programs
- Identifying & highlighting areas for making potential Strategic Changes, Adjustments & Realignment
- Analysis of Forces Driving as well as restraining the Industry & their overall Dynamics
For Whom: Business Leaders & Key Decision-Makers across Industry Value Chain
The report has been developed based on deep analysis & tracking of the industry for years and provides key insights & analysis on market & the OEMs. The report will be essential for Key Decision-Makers & Senior Industry Executives. The report will be especially useful for Program Managers, Procurement Managers, Airlines, Top Management of Industry Players & Other Companies, Industry OEMs, Suppliers, Vendors, MRO Services Providers, Technology & Other Services Solutions Providers and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain. The report will also be useful for existing & potential Investors, Industry & Company Analysts, M&A Advisory Firms, Strategy & Management Consulting Firms, PE Firms, Venture Capitalists, Financing & Leasing Companies, Researchers and all those associated with the industry or any of the OEMs covered in the report.