The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Banking Competitor Profile: HSBC", benchmarks HSBC’s performance across current accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and personal loans against the overall market.
HSBC is one of the UK’s largest retail banks, and has improved its competitiveness in the savings and personal loans markets in recent years. However, it also suffers from lower-than-average performance with respect to Net Promoter Score and customer satisfaction across a number of its key products.
The report offers insight into -
- How HSBC’s customers choose and apply for their key financial products, and how their behavior differs from customers of other banks.
- The extent to which HSBC’s customers will recommend their bank, how satisfied they are with the service they receive, and how loyal they are relative to other consumers.
- How HSBC is faring in terms of market share across the main product areas.
- HSBC had the third-largest net inflow of current account switchers of any bank in Q1 2017, although customers claim to be slightly more inclined to switch to another provider over the next 12 months.
- HSBC’s share of the savings market, as measured by total retail deposits, has steadily increased in recent years, reaching 8.5% by 2016. HSBC savers are more likely than average to rely on personal recommendations when choosing their account.
- For several years, HSBC has had a broadly consistent 6% share of the mortgage market with respect to balances outstanding. HSBC’s reliance on direct distribution means its own branch and website channels play a much greater role as information sources than they do for other banks.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insight into how HSBC acquires new customers in comparison to other providers.
- Build your understanding of how favorably HSBC’s customers view the bank and how likely they are to switch.
- Understand how well HSBC is performing financially compared to the rest of the market.