The Future of the Danish Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023, published by Strategic Defence Intelligence, provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
This report offers detailed analysis of the Danish defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The Danish defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the Danish defense industry during 2019-2023, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to the army, navy, and air force. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the Danish defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Danish defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
- Denmark’s military expenditure, valued at US$3.56 billion in 2018, registered a declining growth rate of -0.93% during 2014-2018. Following the fall of the Berlin wall, the assertive behavior of Russia and the growing instability in North Africa and Middle East has driven the country to focus on modernizing the military with advanced equipment, alongside its NATO allies. In mid-October 2017, the Danish government released its next six year defense spending guidelines outlining an increase in the defense budget by 20% over the next six years. Over the forecast period, the country’s defense budget is expected to increase from US$3.7 billion in 2019 to US$5.5 billion in 2023, reflecting a CAGR of 10.51%.
- On a cumulative basis, during 2019-2023, the country is expected to invest US$22.2 billion for defense purposes, of which US$2.7 billion is earmarked for capital expenditure to fund defense procurements. The government’s well-defined military modernization plans to counter influence of Russia and its duties with respect to NATO are expected to corner significant part of investmment.
- The MoD is expected to invest in fighters & multi-role Aircraft, Armored Personnel Carrier (APC), and Land-based C4ISR over the coming years.
Reasons To Buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Danish defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the Danish defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts