“Global Defense Industry Survey 2013: Economic Outlook in BRIC” is a new report that provides the reader with an extensive and authoritative analysis of the economic outlook in BRIC for 2013. Furthermore, this report grants access to the opinions and strategies of buyers and suppliers in regard to the growth prospects of the four largest emerging economies, and examines their actions surrounding business opportunities in these countries in 2013. In addition, the global defense industry survey report provides a comprehensive account of the opinions conveyed by executives, in order to help the reader to judge which of the BRIC nations could really be the drivers of the global economy in 2013. The report also provides access to information categorized by company type, region, and company turnover.Introduction and Landscape
Key Features and Benefits
- Why was the report written?
This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from Strategic Defense Intelligence's exclusive panel of leading global defense industry companies; it identifies respondents' current business scenarios with BRIC nations and demonstrates respondents' intentions of changes in business dynamics during 2013. Furthermore, the report tracks the leading business concerns that affect business with BRIC nations and understands respondents' willingness for business with BRIC nations in 2013.
- What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The survey reflects that defense industry supplier respondents acknowledge 'India' and 'China' as the key BRIC nations for their current business operations; in addition, respondents expect a positive economic outlook for BRIC's in 2013.
- What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Supplier respondents anticipate that the 'policy towards foreign investment' will improve significantly in Brazil and Russia, while the 'availability of relevantly skilled labor' will see an improvement in India and China.
- What makes this report unique and essential to read?
“Global Defense Industry Survey 2013: Economic Outlook in BRIC” is a new report by Strategic Defense Intelligence that provides the reader with an extensive and authoritative analysis of the economic outlook in BRIC for 2013. This report identifies respondents' current business scenarios with BRIC nations and demonstrates respondents' intentions of changes in business dynamics during 2013. In addition, the global defense industry survey report provides a comprehensive account of the opinions conveyed by executives to help the reader to judge which of the BRIC nations could really be the drivers of the global economy in 2013.
Key Market Issues
- To identify the perceptions of respondents about the intensity of current business with BRIC nations, and explores the change in business conditions and their influence on BRIC nations in 2013.
- Analyzes the business expectations of global defense industry respondents within the BRIC nations.
- Uncovers the key issues and challenges that restrain respondents from doing business with BRIC nations.
- Identifies the economic outlook for the BRIC nations in 2013.
- To understand the expected changes in business volumes with Brazil, Russia, India, and China in 2013.
- In total, 55% of respondents from Asia-Pacific declare that they currently operate their business in 'India', while 47% from North America operate their business in 'Brazil'.
- Respondents from medium and large companies indicate high growth in 'Brazil', while respondents from small-sized companies acknowledge 'India' and 'China' as the key growth markets for business expansion in 2013.
- Regardless of region, 'regulatory changes', 'unfavorable government policies', and 'poor infrastructure' are the leading concerns for business growth in BRIC nations.
- Respondents from Europe and the Asia-Pacific region predict that a 'policy towards foreign investment' and the 'physical infrastructure' will improve in 'Brazil' and 'Russia'.
- Analysis reveals that 40% and 60% of respondents from the buyer segment expressed that they 'expect an improvement' in the general state of the economy in Brazil and China in 2013 respectively.
- In total, 48% and 39% of supplier respondents consider 'India' and 'China' to be the most significant BRIC markets.
- The Strategic Defense Intelligence industry survey reveals that buyer respondents comparatively prefer to do business with 'Brazil' and 'India' than 'Russia' in 2013.
- Supplier respondents foresee that 'regulatory changes' and 'unfavorable government policies' can negatively affect their business operations in Brazil and Russia.
- In total, 49% of supplier respondents envisage the 'availability of relevantly skilled labor' to improve in China in 2013.
- Overall, 60% of buyer respondents state that there are 'no major changes expected' in the future economic outlook of Russia.
Questions about this report?
P: +1 646 513 4192 (US)
P: +31 20 486 1286 (EU)