As per the latest report published by Variant Market Research, Global Biochar Market is estimated to reach $17,050 thousand by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 16.1% from 2016 to 2024. Biochar is carbon rich charcoal, an important soil amendment, which help to remove sand pollutants and all harmful elements from the soil. Biochar avoids soil leeching, fertilizer overflow and help to preserve the moisture level of the soil. Due to various initiatives taken by government to increase the awareness about biochar and stringent environment rules, it is expected to boost the growth of the biochar market in the forecasted period. Moreover, biochar has various applications such as gardening, agriculture, and household.
Major factors driving the global biochar market are natural carbon sequestration property of biochar, waste management potential, improved government initiatives, and stringent environment rules. However, high cost of biochar may hamper the market growth. Furthermore, rising biofuel sector would unfold with numerous growth opportunities in the forecasted year.
Major segments of the global biochar market are feedstock, technology, application, and geography. The feedstock segment comprises forestry waste, agriculture waste, biomass plantation, and animal manure. Moreover, by technology, the market is categorized as continuous pyrolysis kiln, microwave pyrolysis, gasifier and cookstove, batch pyrolysis kiln, and other technologies. Application segment comprises gardening, household, and agriculture.
Geographically, the global biochar market is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The major players competing in the market are Pacific Pyrolysis Pty Ltd, Vega Biofuels, Inc., Pacific Biochar, Cool Planet Energy Systems, Genesis Industries LLC, CharGrow, LLC, Diacarbon Energy Inc., Earth Systems Bioenergy, Biochar Supreme LLC, and Phoenix Energy, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Biochar Market with respect to major segments such as feedstock, technology, and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015 – 2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Biochar Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Biochar Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Biochar Market
- Forestry Waste
- Agriculture Waste
- Biomass Plantation
- Animal Manure
- Continuous Pyrolysis Kiln
- Microwave Pyrolysis
- Gasifier and Cookstove
- Batch Pyrolysis Kiln
- Other Technologies
- North America
- ·Rest of Europe
- ·Rest of Asia-Pacific
- ·South America
- ·Middle East