Dassault Aviation S.A.: Company Strategy & Performance Analysis
Dassault Aviation S.A. is a multinational firm that designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of civil and military aircrafts. The company manufactures civil aircrafts through its falcon segment. It also involves in business activities that include operating aerodynamic simulation systems. It also offers spare parts, tools and a range of services, such as technical support, maintenance and repair of airframe equipment and parts.
MarketLine Premium’s company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the world’s leading civil aerospace companies. The report details company operations in key geographies and offers a comprehensive analysis of each firm’s growth strategy and financial performance. The reports benchmark company performance via key indicators, including order, order backlog, deliveries, operating expense, operating income, and net income.
The revenue and operating margin of the company were highest in the last quarter of 2016
The revenue of the company increased from US$691.4 million in the first quarter of 2016 to US$875.0 million in the last quarter of 2016. However it witnessed a decline to reach US$759.8 million in the first quarter of 2017 then increasing again to reach US$806.4 million in the second quarter of 2017. The operating income of the company increased from 17.7% in the first quarter of 2016 to 26% in the last quarter of 2016. It then declined to 15.7% in the first quarter of 2017 to increase again to 21.0% in the second quarter.
Focus on new development programs to enhance business offerings
Dassault Aviation S.A. focuses on digital models such as CATIA System software to reduce production cost and time. The usage of these digital models in the Falcon 5X to expand the development of electronic systems and embedded software. The company’s aircraft designers are using PLM Version 6 and CATIA system to advance avionics integration. This enables designers to work on electronics to collaborate on digital model of the systems involved. In April 2016, FALCON 8X completed its intensive flight campaign that covered 46 destinations. This campaign demonstrated the falcon aircraft’s reliability and technical performance. It also demonstrated the aircraft’s ability to operate in difficult environments and its better connectivity.
Robust product portfolio of aircrafts
Dassault Aviation S.A. has around 3,100 aircrafts that are in service in 83 countries. This includes more than 2,100 falcon jets. Out of this, 60% of the jets are used by the companies as a tool for economic growth and development. In 2016, the falcon segments revenue accounted for 65.3% of the company’s total revenue, whereas in 2015, it accounted for 60.0%. The company manufactures six Dassault Aviation business jet models that includes Falcon 8X, Falcon 7X, Falcon 5X, Falcon 900LX, Falcon 2000LXS, and Falcon 2000S. These premium segment jets serve a wide range of travel needs from short hops to very long haul. The first falcon jet was delivered in 1965 and the company marked the 2,500th business jet milestone in July 2017.
- Company Snapshot - Details key indicators and rankings of Dassault Aviation S.A. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Dassault Aviation S.A.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - Provides an overview of Dassault Aviation S.A.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - Analyses the company’s performance by geographical segment and provides a peer comparison on parameters such as revenue and market share.
- Key Developments - Showcases Dassault Aviation S.A.’s recent corporate events and initiatives.
- ICT Spending Prediction - Details how the company allocates its ICT budget across the core areas of its business, specifically hardware, software, IT services, communications and consulting.
Reasons To Buy
- How does Dassault Aviation S.A. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Dassault Aviation S.A.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- How has the company performed since 2014?
- How has Dassault Aviation S.A. performed in comparison to its main competitors?
- What are Dassault Aviation S.A.’s strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?